Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried out the B&O system today, and my first conclusion is, that it is way off (down!) from the quality level of the Bose system in my previous S4! :(

(see other thread for details)

One question: is it possible to put off the whole B&O DSP stuff (it is possible to put-off Bose in the S4/TT via VAG-COM)?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the response. I hope it is possible to completely disable B&O DSP (in VAG-COM, it was possible to bypass the Bose DSP too in older cars). In the mean time I will use the All/Gala-off/no-surround settings and see if it is better.

And I will try to locate the subwoofer and see, uh hear/feel if it is having power. Anybody know where it is located?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx for all the tips!

Yes, I found the subwoofer, and it is "flubbering" (don't know the english word for it, but it sounds terrible).

I really really hope(!) the subwoofer and/or the amp is in failure in my car and can be replaced under warranty, because I drove my car for 2 hours and had some simple, not so loud Norah Jones as well as Eric Clapton Unplugged CDs (no mp3!) to listen to. So really middle of the road music (no drum-n-bass or something heavier) on good quality CDs. The first few seconds you think, hum...not so bad, but then you hear that the sound is total "garbage" (it is a kakafony of sounds, and I got an headache after 20 minutes of listening, even at medium volume). The bass is "flubbering" even in this low-bass music I played.

I tried all settings (from All/GALA-off/no-surround to Driver/GALA/max-surround) without any good result. The "flubbering" bass is worst with GALA-on (at the same volume level! strange...?), so I put it off and then a little bit of surround. (BTW: I noticed that if you put surround completely off, there is no difference between Driver/Front/All settings.......).

And yes, I have firmware 5170.

Anybody here replaced the amp or subwoofer under warranty? What was the result? If this is not the problem, then I am really dissastisfied and will try to get the orignal Audi Audio system instead (Alpine? Bose? who knows?).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.