Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen the S-10's and LS-5's, but have yet to see a car with the S-7's. Does anyone have them?

Are the S-7's a pretty close copy of the Work Varianza T1S wheels?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I see very little similarity between the two wheels other than them both being split spoke. The DPE, which is the older design has visible wheel bolts, less curvature to the spoke, and is a less intricate design.

I prefer the T1S if forced to choose between these two simply because the DPE in this version is very flat faced and bland.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that input, Im actually liking the S10's a lot, I am thinking of buying alwin's set for my yet to be purchased S5 :) Is there a big price difference between the T1S and the S10's in a 20?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Thanks for that input, Im actually liking the S10's a lot, I am thinking of buying alwin's set for my yet to be purchased S5 :) Is there a big price difference between the T1S and the S10's in a 20?
Their MSRP are similar but on average more Work dealers sell below MSRP than DPE dealers, prolly because less JDM buyers are willing to pay full pop for anything.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I would definitely go for the S-10's if they were in the mix. I prefer to have the rivets versus the clean look of the T1S, but it's all personal preference.

You can get good deals on both, but I think you can get the Work's for maybe $150 less per wheel based on what I have seen. I can provide some contacts via PM if you need some help.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would definitely go for he S-10's if they wre in the mix. I prefer to have the rivets versus the clean look of the T1S, but it's all personal preference.

You can get good deals on both, but I think you can get the Work's for maybe $150 less per wheel based on what I have seen. I can provide some contacts via PM if you need some help.
Yes some contacts would be great, as well as some contacts to get teh springsand exhaust installed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
s7 is a pretty wheel, however it kind of a bmw wheel. i have tons of pics if you want to see them on a car. however they have never made em for an s5.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Check the FS site. Johntclark was selling some S7 and has pictures of his S5. In a couple weeks, I'll post pics of them on an Ibis A5.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I saw the S-7's on JOHNTCLARK's car in person. The wheel is better looking in person than it is on the website. As stated before, you can see pics if you look at a couple of the thread's that he started here.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Very nice... same offset all around?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not sure! I bought them used from John Clark who said he did not know the offset. However the back of the wheel hubs are stamped with a serial number and on one wheel is "35" and one other "10". I think this is the width and offset for all four.
3-1/2" lip in back and 2-1/2" in front

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Not sure! I bought them used from John Clark who said he did not know the offset. However the back of the wheel hubs are stamped with a serial number and on one wheel is "35" and one other "10". I think this is the width and offset for all four.
3-1/2" lip in back and 2-1/2" in front
Yep that will do it. A 25 offset difference is almost exactly 1" difference in lip if all else (pad/brake clearance) is the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts