Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, unfortunately not an A5 owner but very nearly was. The R32 pipped it in the end but with the introduction of the A5 2.0TDi S-line I do think twice now ;) lol

I'm the Parts Manager at an Audi Centre and I know some people on here will already know me ;) But I thought I would register in case there was any advice I could give.

Neil

·
Registered
552 Posts
You are very welcome here and I think your knowledge will come in very useful.;)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Oh forgot to add I've previously owned a 2006 A4 20TDi S-line (RIP) and an 2007 A3 2.0TDi S-line so very much an Audi man at heart despite owning a VW :)
at least your keeping it in the family lol welcome.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Neil, and welcome.

The R32 is a very different car and another favourite of mine so enjoy.

I'm sure I'll get to know you in time. I work in Norwich and Colchester travelling throughout Norfolk,Suffolk and Essex, so have used most of the dealers in the area depending on where I am.

Is it Ipswich Audi you're at?

Cheers
Gus

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi Nelson!!

Fancy seeing you here! :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome fellow east anglian,

I reconise your username, are you on tyresmoke by anychance?

Nice to know theres a true enthusiast at a local dealer that will actually take some interest and be able to help.

Had a 2.0TDI S-line myself previously, big fan of the R32 aswell and no dout I shall own one at some point in my life. I really hope they keep a V6 model in the new MK6 golf, do you know anything about this? as i heard they would be getting rid of the V6 in the new 4WD golf. Or was this just a rumour? Would be nice to have that new S4 V6 lump, mmmm V6 supercharged in a hatchback :p

Anyway will be nice to have a local Audi employee on the forum, will be sure to contact you if i need anything.

Oh and finally please do everything you can to stop and A5 sportback that was posted as a spyshot here recently.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Rob,

The A5 Sportback is a reality I'm afraid. I know people at work who have seen it and they say it looks quite nice :) Although I guessed an A5 Sportback would look like an A4 Avant apparently it doesn't!

There are currently no plans to introduce the V6 in the new Golf range due to the emissions standards. Rumour is the next R model will get the new 5cyl engine from the Audi TT; I hope so because it'll keep a unique engine note that R models are known for ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
ello elllo Neil,

Glad to hear your eye is on an A5 again :D

Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts