1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i ordered a a5 with navigation system + s.line
it seem that the nav comes with 6CD changer

does that mean i am not going to be able to connect my ipod ?
it only says that it comes with nav + 2 SD slots

and if it doesnt come with anny ipod connectivity,
it is possible to use the ipod thru the mmi?

thank

·
Registered
914 Posts
hi
i ordered a a5 with navigation system + s.line
it seem that the nav comes with 6CD changer

does that mean i am not going to be able to connect my ipod ?

and if it doesnt come with anny ipod connectivity,
it is possible to use the ipod thru the mmi?

thank
Is it MMI 2G or 3G? Probably 3G, since it comes with 2 SD slots (the 2G's dont). To connect an ipod (or even better: an 500 gb USB disk, see other threads) you need also to order the Audi Music Interface (AMI) plus the required cable (ipod, mini USB/male, USB/female or BT ADP).

Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but...

Is it MMI 2G or 3G? Probably 3G, since it comes with 2 SD slots (the 2G's dont). To connect an ipod (or even better: an 500 gb USB disk, see other threads) you need also to order the Audi Music Interface (AMI) plus the required cable (ipod, mini USB/male, USB/female or BT ADP).

Good luck!

they told me i have to choose between Audi Music Interface OR navigation system... and the nav is a must for me ...
i have the usb connector, but i dont think there is a usb port in the nav version

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What exactly is "it" that states this? The reference to 2 SD slots is indicative of the new 3G MMI, but I wasn't aware of any US spec A5/S5's getting that system yet.

Unless something has changed very recently, I believe US spec A5/S5's that have the Nav option automatically come with AMI. So, you should be able to connect your iPod to the AMI connector located in the glove compartment. And your car will come with the necessary iPod/AMI connector cable for free (applies to US spec models).

·
Registered
702 Posts
Even if the car doesn't come with AMI (and I agree with the others that this is what you need / though disagree that it's standard with Nav - it's NOT in the UK). However, in the UK, you can have AMI fitted by the Dealer after delivery. It's around £200 for dealer fit in UK...

·
Registered
26 Posts
If it's a recent UK order, with 3G MMI, you can only get Sat Nav by specifiying the tech pack, which includes AMI and cruise. Therefore, assuming yours is a recent order, you WILL get AMI with your sat nav.

Strictly speaking, the dealer is correct to say you can have sat nav OR AMI, but he failed to say that AMI is actually included in the sat nav tech pack. In other words, you cannot have sat nav without AMI in the UK. Check the online brochure.

I've ordered tech pack, so am expecting AMI and cruise to go with my nav. Delivery date is early March, so am practically salivating with anticipation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.