Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm taking delivery of a Deep Sea Blue 3.0TDi Quattro Sport sometime within the next 3 weeks (I hope).

Does the ipod still sound good though B&O or is it a bit pants compared to CDs?
My MP3's are good quality but do you still need to increase the volume when listening to ipod?

Just hoping I won't be disapointed with the sound quality..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
The sound quality is perfect. It depends on what bit-rate your downloaded MP3s are though - the same as it would be if you downloaded an MP3 and put it onto a disc it would act in the same way.

You wouldn't change the volume via the iPod - the music interface is all you need to use.

Rab.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Bez,

I would be amazed if you were in any way disappointed with the iPod/AMI/B&O combination - it's fantastic!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi Bez... Technically, at 128Kb/s the sound quality of the Mp3 is still lower than a CD as there is still significant digital compression... and the quality of digital sound also depends on the decoder (the ipod itself) and it's digital/analogue converter... therefore CDs will still sound better. However, for most music and to all but the pickiest of ears, 128Kb/s is high enough quality not to notice any real difference. You won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am collecting my car this weekend which has the audi symphony system plus the AMI. Anyone have any views on the sound quality generally and with the ipod on this?
Is it possible to have Symphony & AMI ? I understood that AMI was only available with Sat Nav.

Not that it matters now as I can't change my order as it's confirmed, but I would have loved to have had the AMI option.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry its sat nav plus AMI but the sound system is he symphony system in that i didnt purchase the B and O
Ah, I see.

I'm sure the B&O system is nice, but I'm certain the standard system is pretty good as it is ;) .

I'm coming out of a 1 series with 6 speakers that sound like they are underwater into the 10 speaker A5 system. I'm sure it will sound like a concert in the Royal Albert Hall in comparison :D

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ah, I see.

I'm coming out of a 1 series with 6 speakers that sound like they are underwater into the 10 speaker A5 system. I'm sure it will sound like a concert in the Royal Albert Hall in comparison :D
Hope you're right. The spec for the standard A5 setup looks rather similar to the Bose system fitted in A4's and A3's. I upgraded the sound in my outgoing A3 to the Bose option trusting Audi and Bose to do a reasonable job between them. They didn't. It's very poor - doesn't come close to the sound system I had in the Volvo S60 SE that I had before the A3. Considering the Bose system is supposedly "tuned" to the "interior" of the A3 I don't understand why all the sound becomes distorted when the volume gets to about 24 (max is 28) ... and it's not even like it's ear bleedingly loud at this level.

I'm relying on B&O to have some integrity and ensure that this really is a premium setup rather than just cash in on the ridiculously marked up factory fit ICE market. Then again, compare it against top end systems in other cars (e.g. BMW's Logic7 setup) and it looks relatively cheap which just leaves me with this nagging feeling that I'm still going to be disappointed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think you'll be impressed with the B&O system... I had BOSE in my previous S4 and was reasonably impressed, however, the B&O sound stacks better IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.