Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with their ipod playlist resetting from mix to sorted when you change or skip to a different song using the scroll wheel?

I have an ipod touch first gen connected. I select all artists -> all songs in the mmi and get a list of everything on my ipod (about 1200 songs). Then I hit control and click mix which sorts the 1200 songs in a random order. Then I click the return button which takes me back to the big list of songs. They play fine and I can switch through them using the arrow buttons no problem. However, as soon as I try and pick another song using the scroll wheel the list resets it self to sorted by name. At first it was happening about 10% of the time but now it's 99% of the time.

Also when I use the scroll wheel to highlight another song (but not select it) that song will stay highlighted and the cursor will not reset itself to the current playing song like it used to.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's just what AMI does for some reason - if you choose a song explicitly in a list, it turns mix off. Using Previous/Next buttons doesn't though.

Be thankful, my 3G MMI seems to be turning mix off every time the ignition is off. :-(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Be thankful, my 3G MMI seems to be turning mix off every time the ignition is off. :-(
I think that is normal behaviour as mine does the same. Would be good if it remembered the MIX setting though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. That's good to know. I should make some playlists so I don't have to skip around as much.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think that is normal behaviour as mine does the same. Would be good if it remembered the MIX setting though.
Not sure if it's a "design feature" or a bug TBH, but I know AMI for 2G MMI used to do the same until a couple of MMI firmware updates in, then it started behaving how I expect it to.

I have an iTunes library with both mine and the wife's music in, and we both create playlists of our own chosen music - I have one with all 'my' music in, one with my everything from my favourite artists and one with only my most favourite (300 or so!) tracks, then specific playlists of chosen tracks on top.

I can then sync three iPods up, one for each car and one for the house (until such time as I get my media server sorted) and then in either car I know I've got the same music and the same playlists without having to swap iPods about. I usually have my favourite artists or tracks playlist on in mix mode, with list repeat turned on in setup and let it surprise me.

I've found that if you have anything like podcasts, spoken word tracks etc, and you turn list repeat/shuffle off in setup, and use mix, it picks up podcast tracks in among your music, so my turning list repeat/shuffle on and using playlists of just music, I don't get "Coffee Break Spanish" interrupting a music session...

·
Registered
324 Posts
My ipod nano (not the latest) as well as the ipod touch both behave the same way as descibed. Use the scroll wheel the list resets to alphabetical but to use the arrows at on the centre console the mixs stays working, no issues as yet with shuffle stopping when I turn the car off but to use the scroll wheel would be nice!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sometimes when I restart the car the SD card has gone back to the first album on the card which is a bit annoying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts