Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just got a used S5 its got the 6 cd stacker but has retro fit ipod prep added by the previous owner. i can only get the ipod to work, dealer says it may not be possible to get both to work- is this correct?
obviously would like cd player to work as well even tho i prob wont use it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, suppose the 6cd will just have to be for show then

·
Registered
118 Posts
That’s incorrect; you can use both if you have the Audi AMI.

If your previous owner added something like the Gateway500 then it is possible the installer removed the CD changer from the MOST loop (unlikely as totally unnecessary) but let us know what kit has been retro fitted. Also might be worth PM'ing LOC who has an excellent knowledge on this type of thing.

Check out his website
http://www.geocities.com

You have the option to change the media input, I think it’s the top Right button around the dial for SOURCE while you’re in the media selection on the MMI. In this sub menu you have the option of choosing CD player or AMI inputs.

Hope that helps

Regards R

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is a gateway ipod installation, it was fitted by audi so you have an i pod wire and a usb wire in the glove box. in the mmi menu when selecting source it only finds ipod so i guess the changer might be out the loop

·
Registered
118 Posts
In that case you might need to flick the switch to enable the onboard CD player instead of the Ipod.

I have a contact in Milton Keynes who installed a Gateway500 to my previous Q7, i can PM you his contact details if you want to have a chat as they installed it in a way that i could effectively "see" 12 CD's on the MMI 6 being the built in changer, and the other 6 being the menu options for the gateway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks that would be great if u could pm me his details as my local audi dealership doesnt have a clue

·
Registered
118 Posts
PM on it way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts