Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small "issue" with my iPod and didn't find the answer so far.

I have an iPod nano 2gb, it connects well to the AMI and I can listen without problems to albums, interprets and so on. However, I seem unable to make the "mix" or "shuffle" function work. Music always plays in a linear way (i.e. by list order, or play order). I like to listen to random music, and usually when I listen to my iPod, it's in shuffle (random) mode.

I've seen there is a "mix" option under the manual settings, but when I select it, it seems to work only for the album currently playing. I'd like to use it for entire music lists (configured on my iPod), is it possible ? (the goal being to have a random selection in the music list).

·
Registered
677 Posts
From my understanding of the system this is not possible. I really like the shuffle feature and to not have it s**ks.

Otherwise I am very happy with the connection.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's strange if is it the case, it did work on my A4 Cab with a less sophisticated system (audi concert) and the iPod cable. The Audi concert was able to shuffle/randomize through the list or all the titles.

I will miss that option, I took the SatNav mainly for the AMI (didn't know there would be other connection options through Dension) and the feature I use the most doesn't seem to be available... :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
If this is the same as the US spec MMI and AMI, there should be (if I recall correctly) a setting controlling whether the MIX is for the current playlist, current album, or OFF(meaning all songs). I may pop out to my car later and find where this setting is if it can't be found by someone else first.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unofficially of course, there is a known issue with Ipod / AMI software mismatch. Because the Ipod automatically updates when connected to I-tunes, and the AMI doesn't, there are likely to be software clashes over time, these are expected to be minimal, but there is no practical way for AUDI to keep the AMI constantly up to date at the moment.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
What I think you should try is make sure the ipod alone is not set to "random". Just have it on normal.

Connect it up to the AMI, click on control (bottom left seg) and then scroll round to mix. That should mix all tracks on your iPod, rather than single playlists or albums.

Somehow, that's the only way I can do it. I cant play random songs in ONE album, it has to be the entire iPod song list.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've got the 4gig Nano the mix feature works fine on mine. Do you have your Ipod on shuffle?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually, I changed the setup on my Ipod this morning (random for all categories - titles and so on) and it seems to work now, at least for the titles. It would mean that the iPod settings are taken in account (it was not the case on my cab, the interface was managing the iPod without taking the pod's settings in consideration).

So now if I select "Titles", it gets randomized, didn't had the time to try all the other categories.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
when you go into "media".press the setup button, and then set the "repeat" to "off". This will make the random function randomise the entire ipod song list.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts