Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Same stuff that BMW put out, good stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have used my iphone in the S5 and works much better than the Nokia. When you dial a number on the iphone the actual address book entry shows up on the MMI screen whereas with the Nokia it only shows the number.

Ned

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had my iphone hooked up before I left the dealership.
Turned the car's electrics on, did a search for bluetooth devices from the iphone, and then entered the stupidly-long pairing code.
Then it was straight to the name menu, and did an import. Took about 5 minutes to complete.

Everything working well. Directory shows all my contacts on the iphone, with appropriate icons against the number type (mobile / office / home etc). Signal strength shows at the bottom of the MMI screen. Incoming text messages play the iphone alert sound through the car speakers when hooked up to AMI - incoming calls use the cars default ring sound.

What version of the iphone firmware are you on?

As a suggestion, make sure there's no pairing in place on the iphone with the Audi. Start the car, and then immediately do a search from the iphone for devices to pair to. Let us know how you get on!

HTH,
Japes

·
Registered
206 Posts
Has anyone got the iPhone to work with the Audi Sim Acess Profile Bluetooth Phone? I can't get the iPhone to pair with the bluetooth. :confused:
Make sure you do it when you first get into the car. I tried pairing mine when I got home the day I got it, and was frustrated as hell. Gave up, tried in the morning worked like a charm. ...later read that you have to do it upon starting the car within a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have used my iphone in the S5 and works much better than the Nokia. When you dial a number on the iphone the actual address book entry shows up on the MMI screen whereas with the Nokia it only shows the number.

Ned
My Nokia shows the address book entry. It depends on the model you have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
iPhone & iPod working at the same time

Hi there, just wondering if both the above can work at the same time, iPhone using bluetooth and iPod using Audi Music Interface, AMI (only in combination with Navigation system)

On Order A5 3.2 Quattro Sahara Silver (Dec 07) Arrival May 08

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi there, just wondering if both the above can work at the same time, iPhone using bluetooth and iPod using Audi Music Interface, AMI (only in combination with Navigation system)

Yep, the iPhone gets plugged into the AMI and you leave it in the glovebox whilst driving. All the music on the iPhone is then available on the MMI screen. All call functionality is made over bluetooth, using the MMI as the interface. Whenever you get a call, the phone interrupts the music.

Works seemlessly, and having the iphone locked away in the glovebox, its probably safer, as a) you can't text when you should be looking at the road, b) the interface is via the MMI control wheel / steering wheel controls.

If you had two separate devices, one phone, one ipod, then they would work in exactly the same.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Japes! My iPhone is version 1.1.1. Will that work fine or do I have to upgrade to the latest firmware 1.1.4? Also, how do I export my phone book contacts to the MMI?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe it will work fine, though I can't 100% guarantee it will, as my iPhone is on 1.1.4. Still, as it stands today, there isn't really a reason for sticking to 1.1.1, is there?

As for importing contacts - once you've paired the phone to the car, you use the MMI "name" menu to import the contacts. Its something you have to start manually.

You can import everything in your phone, or select the names / numbers to import by hand.

Note, there's a limit on the number of contacts you can import into the car - 150 I think. You need to have the contact stored in the car if you want to assign a voice dialling tag to it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Shameless plug

Those in the UK still considering an iPhone may wish to note that the 8GB phone is now available for £169 until 1 June through O2 and CPW stores. The phone still has to be provisioned on one of the special iPhone tariffs which start at £35 per month but you get a lot for your money including all-you-can-eat data (GPRS, EDGE and Wi-Fi over The Cloud).

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
the pin that appears on the MMI screen is the one you enter on the phone.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can't seem to pair my iphone with the car. I turned the car on and do a search on bluetooth devices and it never finds anything?

Do i need to do anything on the car's end? I tried this morning as soon as I turned the car on. I have the latest firmware on my iphone.

Any ideas?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.