Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having passed over the 1st generation and having waited for the 3G version I will possibly sign up for one on the 11th (assuming there are any in stock). My question to current iPhone/A5 owners is how well does the iPhone integrate with the in car bluetooth, for example does the phone address book download to the car etc.

Any information would be useful, my current Nokia 6300 integrates beautifully, it would be a shame for such a great new phone to be beaten by my old Nokia in this respect.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Having passed over the 1st generation and having waited for the 3G version I will possibly sign up for one on the 11th (assuming there are any in stock). My question to current iPhone/A5 owners is how well does the iPhone integrate with the in car bluetooth, for example does the phone address book download to the car etc.

Any information would be useful, my current Nokia 6300 integrates beautifully, it would be a shame for such a great new phone to be beaten by my old Nokia in this respect.
Mine works perfectly. address book, contacts, all download without a problem. Took me about 5 minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
It's fine. Although you don't get all the options available as you would with most nokia phones. For example, you can't choose a ring tone or read text messages.

Also, theres the aweful loud noise everytime you make a call. It goes away after a second or so though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
does the iphone work as a phone via the bluetooth when plugged into the AMI??

Jason

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had this sent through when I enquired about compatable phones for the S5... not sure it helps at all.....

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you've not seen it already, UK peeps should check out this post

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have just talked to Apple Tech Support and I was assured that the new 3G to be released on Friday, 11 July, will be compatible with the A5/S5 Bluetooth System--i.e., the same compatibility as the older models. I hope to get one on Friday at which time I will report back on the installation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I queued up last Friday morning and managed to get the last in a small batch of 16GB iPhones, it was worth it and is the best phone I've ever owned. It paired to the A5 without a hitch and works just great apart from the occasional buzz before a call is made which has been reported elsewhere.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I queued up last Friday morning and managed to get the last in a small batch of 16GB iPhones, it was worth it and is the best phone I've ever owned. It paired to the A5 without a hitch and works just great apart from the occasional buzz before a call is made which has been reported elsewhere.
The 3G seems to connect slower when starting up the car than the older iPhone, well for me at least. Sometimes it misses a connect, and I have to turn off/on the bluetooth.

As for the annoying noise, I am used to and automatically lower the volume right when I click Send, and then turn the volume back up to the level I want as it rings. Pretty much muscle memory now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my iPhone 3G in the Q7.. syncs beautifully. We'll find out this week if it will connect to my A5 ok, when the car gets off the boat.

·
Registered
457 Posts
My buzzing has mysteriously disappeared.

Anyone else notice how leaving bluetooth on all the time saps the battery dry faster? My 3G iPhone can barely make it through a regular full day of use at work / during commute etc, and I'm not even regularly surfing the net on 3G.

Going to have to invest in a car charger me thinks...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Alwin,
I know what you mean--everyone with a 2G tells me how long the battery lasts but I find that I have to charge every night. I admit that the blue tooth is always on but everyone I know with a 2G tells me that they do too and it still goes 2-3 days on a charge. And I rarely play the IPod so I am not draining the battery there nor do I text message or send emails from the unit. I guess all the technology has a cost!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I upgraded to the 3G as well only to take it back for the battery life issue. Also I din't think the marginal 3G speed boost justified switching out the old 2G. The 3G is an awesome deal if new to the iPhone though, so as Rab88 points out, if you have the AMI, you can use it to charge it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I got an iPhone 3G on the first day, and have no problems with it in my A5. It paired easily the first time. The phone book shows up with no problem, and I even get the signal strength meter that my old phone didn't show.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.