Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a photo the interior without the technology package which includes the advanced key option. I did not select this package when I orded my A5.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
So, did you order the optional Navigation? If so, then your interior will look the pic on the left. If not, it will look like the pic on the right. Basically, the MMI controls will be placed on the dashboard if you don't have Nav. If you do have Nav, the MMI controls will be placed behind the gear shift (left pic).

The Technology package (for US spec cars) requires that you purchase the Nav option. But since you didn't get the Tech package, then the placement of your MMI controls will depend upon whether or not you purchased the Nav option.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the premium package, navi package and the 19inch wheel upgrade. My real question is do I get the push button start? If not what does the inside look like? Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Without the Technology package (i.e., without the Advanced Key option), your car will not include the Start button. It will look like the pics below, which is a car with Nav.

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Someone posted a link to an Audi quick start guide which describes the operation of the key. From what I understand (still waiting for my car) the standard key still has "push" operation but you push the key in a slot on the dash not a separate button.

·
Registered
141 Posts
hehe.. funny story, my wife and I tested an A5-S Line, and she couldn't figure out how to start the car. She figured out how the key went in, and pushed it, but nothing happend.. well, forgot to push the clutch pedal down LOL.

I was never into the start button, I kind of like the push the remote in way. Its still unique :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
08 S5 - that's a great post. Pictures speak louder than words etc etc. Nice one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.