Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading through this forum, and am now all confused about what interior options are available (black dash, grey dash, etc).

I think I'm sold on ordering an A5 in Meteor Gray, but uncertain about what to do for the interior. Recommendations? Keep in mind I'm in the US.

I'll probably rule out black leather since I've had that for past 9 years and would prefer something lighter. Anyone have pictures of Light Gray interior or Cinnamon Brown interior on a Meteor Gray A5?

Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Interior color options (U.S. spec A5)

Yeah, all the nuances in interior options/color combos that sometimes vary slightly from country to country can be enough to make one's head explode. :eek: I've attached a pic I snapped of a 2008 U.S. A5/S5 brochure obtained from my dealer late last year. (Sorry, but my scanner is broken.) Hopefully this will provide you with a better idea of what the U.S. interior color combos are (based upon what interior color you choose). Caveat: These things are always subject to change of course.

Also attached are the only decent pics I could find of a Meteor Gray A5 that shows the seat color from the outside. This one happens to have Cinnamon Brown interior. (Most exterior shots I've run across don't typically show the interior color very well, due to the window glare.)

As far as which interior color you should pick, just go with what your heart tells you. Either Light Gray or Cinnamon Brown would be fine choices on a Meteor Gray car, IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the picture of the brochure. That helps a ton.

If I just went off the A5 microsite, and not come to this forum I would think all the interior options have black dash. Which is definitely not the case.

Looks like I'm going to go with Cinnamon Brown, because I think a black dash looks best. Too bad I can only get Magma Red in an S5 or my decision would be easy (Meteor/Magma is best color combo IMO).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If I just went off the A5 microsite, and not come to this forum I would think all the interior options have black dash. Which is definitely not the case.
Audi of America (AoA), are you listening? You need to get your web development team to update the configurator on your site so that it reflects accurate information. It's a real shame that potential customers have to come to a forum like this to obtain accurate information about a car they're trying to spec. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi. My A5 is Meteor Gray with the star silver (in other words, white) interior. For me it works with the coupe body - and in Europe we have too many silver Audis with black interiors. The only hassle is that the leather needs to be wiped cleaned every month to stop jeans marks. Cleans easily tho.

I've just posted a few photos so you can see what it looks like. Click on Photo tab above.

Good luck chosing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts