Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Sorry for all the questions but do you people think the interior light package is a worthwhile option at £100? What do you actually get over and above the standard lighting?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
not sure but i love the lighting in the footwell cant make out if its blue or white.....

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I have it on my car and I can't say I've even noticed it to be honest. My son says it makes his feet look pretty when he is sat in the back. (Odd really as he is nearly 20!!)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
when people get out or in the car at night time im first to point it out....!!!!!! so on that point its worth the money..... :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think that package also includes little red lights which light up door handels and the part of the dash where the shifter is. Am I right? I had this in A4 and have it in Q7, looks very cool.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Worthwhile in my opinion although it should really all be standard.

From the A5 UK brochure:
"Includes rear reading lights, entrance lights, front footwell lights, active door reflectors and illumination to the glove compartment, vents and internal door controls."

Can't believe that a £30k+ car would come without a light in the glove compartment!

I have the equivalent interior lighting pack in my A3 and it makes for a much nicer night time driving environment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think its worth it. I have it on my A3 and to be honest I would expect it on a £30k+ car, but I think you'd definetly miss it if it wasnt there. Lights in the glove compartment for a start is a must in the dark!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yep, have it on mine. Wouldnt leave it off if I had to choose again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Definately worth getting - finished the interior off nicely.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'm with the consensus here - worth that little extra (only £100 - one of the cheaper options on the A5/S5!) The entrance lights (aka puddle lights) are great, and will keep your feet dry as you step in when it's really dark outside and it has been raining. Not included in the brochure list are rear footwell lights - and to my eye, they're blue.

I think the red illumination of the central dash is standard on all A5/S5s, but can't find a reference to it. I think it's something Audi have been doing on all their cars for a while. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then hold your hand near to the heater controls at night - your hand will be lit by a red light from near the sunglass holder which you just don't notice if you don't know it's there. Try covering this with one hand and then adjusting the heater with the other (when stationary, obviously!) - it's just not as easy because you can't see your hand! Weird huh?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just curious what your opinions for having the handles on the exterior light up...my friends 335i has this...would Audi want this feature in the future? yay or nay?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Can't believe that a £30k+ car would come without a light in the glove compartment!

Ditto, what a complete joke. I actually left this option out because I thought it was more of a gimmick rather than a practical addition. But when I opened up that glove box on the first night of driving the car, I was actually looking for the bloody light!

The very cheapest of cars on the road today have a light in the glovebox! I guess it's just another way for audi to squeeze some extra cash out of us all. For all a little stupid light costs... Next to nothing.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Just curious what your opinions for having the handles on the exterior light up...my friends 335i has this...would Audi want this feature in the future? yay or nay?
Yeh noticed this on the 335d I test drove, I thought it was good idea for when our in places that are pitch black, also it looks cool when you unlock the car with the key fob. So thats a yes from me.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts

It does look good.

Think about it, you unlock the car at night and the DRL's come on, along with the handles lighting up. The DRL's give a good impression, but the handles lighting up just finish it off.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
handles light up?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I have it on my car and I can't say I've even noticed it to be honest. My son says it makes his feet look pretty when he is sat in the back. (Odd really as he is nearly 20!!)
OK, I probably didn't fully realise exactly what was included in the Interior Light Package. For some reason I assumed it was just the fancy blue lights down by one's feet. Having re-checked the brochure and doing some exploring around the car when I washed it yesterday, I feel I must revise my opinion and say that it is a must have.

I also have to agree that it seems a bit odd having to pay extra on a £40k+ car for a glove-box light!!

It would also been a big plus if the exterior door handles lit up as they do on the BMW 3 Series.

·
Registered
269 Posts
:) +1 Although I wished they were like my A6 which had ambiant lighting (they stayed on all the time at night with adjustible high or low lighting to the footwells door pockets & of coarse "THE GLOVE BOX":eek:

WHY WHY WHY AN EXTRA ON A 40K CAR ????????

·
Registered
157 Posts
Also, if you have ever tried to check the engine (eg oil level or washer fluid) at night, the car needs a light there too. Even with the lighting pack there is nothing :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.