Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have asked the dealership to add the music interface to my original spek for the S5. Unfortunately the car is going into production next week,too late was the cry. The dealership said they have fitted these themselves to a few Q7,s.and the would be able to fit me one on the S5 when it arrived at the dealership. Should i let them loose on it ? or is there any drawbacks to being fitted on site.Would appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The dealers used to be able to do some of them but its different with the S5. I doubt they can really do it but are assuming they can because they have done it on other models.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
i have asked the dealership to add the music interface to my original spek for the S5. Unfortunately the car is going into production next week,too late was the cry. The dealership said they have fitted these themselves to a few Q7,s.and the would be able to fit me one on the S5 when it arrived at the dealership. Should i let them loose on it ? or is there any drawbacks to being fitted on site.Would appreciate any advice.
Well if they break it, they will have to foot the bill to fix it. So you don't really have much to loose, except time with the car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have just had one fitted to my car, but have not tried it as it is still in the garage waiting for another part (for the seat adjustment mechanism) to be replaced. When i finally get it back i will let you know how it works. Mine is not the Audi version but Denison which i think is better (at least that is what the Audi technician said).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice,sorry its taken so long to reply, my broadband has crashed im having to use dial up for the next 5 days.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have just had one fitted to my car, but have not tried it as it is still in the garage waiting for another part (for the seat adjustment mechanism) to be replaced. When i finally get it back i will let you know how it works. Mine is not the Audi version but Denison which i think is better (at least that is what the Audi technician said).
@Fraser: Hi, I'd be really interested in hearing about your Dension, espeically if it's the gateway 500. Any pics showing how the interface works, (screen shots of the MMI etc) would be really appreciated!

(I'm thinking of getting the Dension. But don't have my car yet. But I'm really interested in how it works.)

Thanks

Stoatie

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive ordered the denison 500 with my s5 take delivery 1st march will post pics when i take delivery.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ami

I contacted Audi UK Customer Services and they've confirmed it is NOT possible to retro-fit the AMI. They have, however, got the Dension Gateway 500 on the official accessories list, and recommend this.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
do audi have prices for the Dension? fitted?

·
Registered
907 Posts
do audi have prices for the Dension? fitted?
I hav'nt got one but was quoted was quoted £500 all in fitted by the Audi dealer. There are cheaper ones out there but they don't fully display all the track titles etc and there are limits on how you select the play order.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was quoted for a dension gateway 5oo supplied & fitted by the audi dealer £265 for the kit & £90 to fit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was quoted for a dension gateway 5oo supplied & fitted by the audi dealer £265 for the kit & £90 to fit.
Audi UK said £284 + fitting, so that sounds about right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts