·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice collection of the hacks Loc.

I was wondering if we should have a thread running here too?

I tried out the CAR+SETUP hack today, it required connecting to VAG-COM first to enable the head coding, but after that it worked fine..

There is a LABYRINTH of sub menus there!
I'll try to map them out when I get a spare 2hrs! :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool pics! Please post that map if you ever get time. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you're mapping that MMI hidden menu, be advised that selecting "Bootloader" is a VERY BAD IDEA. I've heard of a couple of folks who got their head units stuck in the software update mode, and it's impossible to get out of it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip aerodave, I sent an updated version of my collection to the site keeper to put up with a specific warning on that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you're mapping that MMI hidden menu, be advised that selecting "Bootloader" is a VERY BAD IDEA. I've heard of a couple of folks who got their head units stuck in the software update mode, and it's impossible to get out of it.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll skip that one!

I'm quite nervous about trying any of it without some kind of background of the functionality / impact, but I'm chasing one of my friends at Audi for a guide, if there's one available..

Hey Dave, while you're here, do you happen to know if it's possible to combine module coding with VAG-COM? I'd like to figure out a way to invoke the Hold Assist with the Auto door locking (currently set to 15km/h)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll skip that one!

I'm quite nervous about trying any of it without some kind of background of the functionality / impact, but I'm chasing one of my friends at Audi for a guide, if there's one available..

Hey Dave, while you're here, do you happen to know if it's possible to combine module coding with VAG-COM? I'd like to figure out a way to invoke the Hold Assist with the Auto door locking (currently set to 15km/h)
Speaking of hold assist, has anyone seen any links or info on configuring hold assist in any way via VAG COM?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rab88: It is all explained in the first post link...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
204 Posts
Has anyone, Aerodave, tried other variations of the blinker/DRL. I'm interested in having a new spin on wink problem. Is it possible to have the DRL's and blinker alternate when blinking?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ross-Tech have released a new version of their VAG COM software that allows the enabling of lap timer and enabling/disabling needle sweep in the instrument cluster. I sent and updated my VAG COM collection with this info (see the end):

Interesting VAG-COM codes for Audi A5 - probably A4 B8 too
http://www.geocities.com/a6retrofit/articles/a5vagcodes.html

·
Registered
479 Posts
Has anyone figured out a way of putting a "delay" on the auto opening boot lid button on the remote key?

I don't like the idea of it pressing by accident in my pocket leaving the boot open on my drive all night!!!

I wouldn't mind if it de-activated it completely.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ross-Tech have released a new version of their VAG COM software that allows the enabling of lap timer and enabling/disabling needle sweep in the instrument cluster. I sent and updated my VAG COM collection with this info (see the end):

Interesting VAG-COM codes for Audi A5 - probably A4 B8 too
http://www.geocities.com/a6retrofit/articles/a5vagcodes.html
By "needle sweep," do you mean the needle sweep that happens during start up? If so, is that de-activated in some countries, and if not, then why would anyone want to de-activate it? I think its one of the coolest features of the car, lol.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By "needle sweep," do you mean the needle sweep that happens during start up? If so, is that de-activated in some countries, and if not, then why would anyone want to de-activate it? I think its one of the coolest features of the car, lol.
Yes, I mean that feature.

No I don't know if it is disabled in some countries, just that it is now configurable via the software.

I agree, it is cool.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Long Post Wiping after Washing (Drop/Tear Wiping)

Does anyone know how to do this?

Long Post Wiping after Washing (Drop/Tear Wiping) - on/off

I do not like it, so I need to turn it off.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
C99:

This is how it used to be possible. Not sure if it works on the A5 or if "saves" in the cars memory:

when you spray the washer fluid and after 3 wipes the forth one kicks in after a few seconds to disable that fourth wipe while the first three are in progress press the handle downwards and the fourth one will cancel!
Judging from other Audi models, Central Electronics or Comfort Systems modules probably contain coding that would allow adjusting that (or possibly even the amount of wipes etc.).

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
C99:

This is how it used to be possible. Not sure if it works on the A5 or if "saves" in the cars memory:

Judging from other Audi models, Central Electronics or Comfort Systems modules probably contain coding that would allow adjusting that (or possibly even the amount of wipes etc.).

That was my question, which bit it is in Central electronic...
I will try some bits and we will see...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is an extensive VAG COM list for A6 in German, maybe there is some washer options there that might give a hint where one could try on the A5:

http://de.openobd.org/audi/a6_4f.htm#46

Any fluent German readers? Is there some option there that allows coding of windscreen wiper (removing extra wipe etc.)?

A quick scan by myself didn't reveal anything... for A3 I found some links that seemed to contain relevant info, but I doubt A3 coding is anywhere near A5.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts