Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Viper771 sent me the 2009 Order Guide PDF document and I noticed something interesting. Perhaps I'm wrong but it looks a lot like the A5/S5 will have S-tronic (not Tiptronic) which is equivalent to DSG, right?

I've attached the evidence....

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
You can clearly see from the first attachment, that it denotes S-tronic as having Model Number 'L' for A5/S5/TT/ and non-cabriolet A4's. The other's get 'L' for Tiptronic.

Furthermore, the order sheets for A5/S5 call the transmission 'auto quattro'. While all the other models (show A4 Cabriolet 3.2 as example) clearly call the transmission 'auto tiptronic'

I think we have DSG for MY09. Someone tell me I'm not crazy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think we have DSG for MY09. Someone tell me I'm not crazy.

No man, you're definitely not - as long as that's not a typo or misprint.

We know the DSG is coming and I guess MY09 is as good a time as any..
I see you've got a Tip on order too. - Are you thinking what I'm thinking!?

Let's have a bet on the impact to delivery time.
I'm expecting my dealer to laugh me all the way to Christmas... :(

·
Registered
483 Posts
If I remember correctly.. There was a similar misprint in the 2008 order guide that turned out to be just that - a misprint…. Let me try to find it…

Don't mean to pour cold water on your hypothesis… but I've seen smth like this too many times to believe it :(
I would have love a dsg on my S5 too.. But I won't believe that the dsg is really coming for MY2009, at least not at the start, until I see confirmations from multiple sources

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think you could be right.

I just called my dealer who know's nothing of S-Tronic availability for 09 models. He swears the only option right now is Tiptronic, but he'll call me as soon as he hears something different

I'll wager that Audi are just waiting for their supply of longitudinal Tiptronic boxes to dry up before they introduce the S-Tronics to the order list..

The Tiptronic was introduced mid model year with no ceremony, so I wouldn't expect any difference in 2009

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is a misprint.

The misprint is either on the order guide showing the L in the S-tronic column or it is on the Option sheet for the a5/s5 where it says '6 speed auto' because if it is the new DSG (S-tronic) gear box it will be 7 speed.

Based on all things I've seen, I'm still of the assumption it's going to be Tiptronic till proven differently.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang seifufu, you're right. Looks like another misprint.

This is listed the same way in the 2008 Order Guide, and we all know there was no S-tronic for '08 A5/S5. They probably just grandfathered this typo in from last years guide.:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts