Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

has anyone fitted and airtec intercooler to there motor, if so are they any good as I’m looking to buy one for my Audi A5 3.0 tdi
Also if anyone has one for sale :)

·
Registered
2014 Audi A5
2 Posts
Hi all

has anyone fitted and airtec intercooler to there motor, if so are they any good as I’m looking to buy one for my Audi A5 3.0 tdi
Also if anyone has one for sale :)
Also thinking of getting one for my 2.0TFSI not sure if they ship across the pond though

·
Registered
10 Posts
I asked the same question to my tuner and he said " the standard fmic is big enough to cool everything for streetcars up to 400hp"

I'm stage 2+ with 345hp, so i want to hear other opinions also.

Btw, he is also racing cars on the circuits.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I asked the same question to my tuner and he said " the standard fmic is big enough to cool everything for streetcars up to 400hp"

interesting, i guess it cant hurt to upgrade it anyways - im on the fence with going with Airtec

out of curiosity stage2.. what clutch you on? im stage 1 with standard (but recently new) clutch and was wondering if it would take stage 2 mapping

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still the standard clutch after 100k kilometers with stage1.
Recently did the forged piston modification and upgraded the turbo.

A new or reinforced clutch was an option but my clutch is just fine at the moment.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
These cars are basically very strong and will withstand alot of power upgrades. Extra cooling is always an excellent way to get a bit more power as the engine can run a bit cooler and thus more efficiently. I guess this also depends on where you are and thus the usual air temps as to how useful this can be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a 15 flex with a stage 1 apr tune.
Just run the refrigerant on your ac system
Through the water to air. It will keep the intake charge temp at or below the ambient always. Air to air upgrades in my opinion are a waste of money and time .

·
Registered
3 Posts

Yours 2.0 or 3.0?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mind if i ask what mod u do? What turbo? In a middle choosing turbo. If you know your turbo wheel size much better.
1.Wheel compressor inducer exducer
2.Turbine wheel inducer exducer

Looking for k04-64. But got so many size. Considering to custom build turbo. Cheaper. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sure, got the turbo from Turbo engineers, type TTE450L.
R8 coil pack and a 3 inch downpipe with racecat.

Product Highlights:
  • TTE Billet Highly efficient compressor geometry 7+7 Blade
  • TTE 9 Blade High-flow Low-mass turbine
  • TTE Upgrade bearing pack
  • Genuine IHI Turbocharger as the base part
  • Genuine actuator TTE Upgraded
  • TTE Turbo silencer delete
  • CNC Optimized Compressor Cover Machining Clearances
  • Plug and Play Installation
  • 400PS+ on 99RON
  • Single parts finely balanced then components assembled and core high-speed VSR balanced
  • Supplied with a balance test result document
  • Proven TheTurboEngineers quality
  • Made in Germany

1 - 13 of 13 Posts