Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wellcome all , got a problem, picking up car in next followin friday; shame but i was banned for drink&driving; ban expires this week, I am about to find someone to do insurance with reasonable price; but so quotes are horrible; obviously i know I have to pay for my brainless moments but I had hear that plenty of times so please dont respond if U like only to tell me I should be banned for life..anyone who got some clues about some insurance company suitable for me will be really appreciated.

·
Registered
750 Posts
THat's a tough break rino. Maybe one of our friends from the UK will jump on this one. But, your first instinct was right, there may be a few "you shouldn't have..." comments coming, so be prepared. ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well I aint gonna preach to you fella, you done what you have done, I dont agree with it so I dont do it you have paid your price and I guess you going to pay more with the insurance. Best you can do is get on the compare sites and just hit the interent see if you can get anyone to insure you. Good luck hunting but my guess is be prepared to pay for it :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks for support, I really phoned around; best one I thing was in Sainburys insurance, still under 2k so I got only 1y discount in UK ; I cant understand how is come so for two years I was spending fortune for cabs and whatever then when court said penatly is over I still have to pay Highest rate....

they should tell me U will be banned for ** month and U will pay ** and U will be paying ** consequences after , for xxx years ... .... bullshit

However, easy excuse for insurance company to grab more money

Guys dont drink and drive, they will suck plenty of U money....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've held back on this, but moaning about increased insurance costs is not going to garner you much sympathy under the circumstances. The thing is, insurance is based on risk and if you have been done for drink driving before and only recently, you're never going to get cheap cover or a low excess from any company especially for a high grouping car when there's (in their eyes) a good chance of you getting p****ed again and causing a major accident or worse! I'm actually surprised you've managed to get a quote @ £2000. Not a personal attack BTW, but if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't be posting on a public forum expecting any really positive responses.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've held back on this, but moaning about increased insurance costs is not going to garner you much sympathy under the circumstances. The thing is, insurance is based on risk and if you have been done for drink driving before and only recently, you're never going to get cheap cover or a low excess from any company especially for a high grouping car when there's (in their eyes) a good chance of you getting p****ed again and causing a major accident or worse! I'm actually surprised you've managed to get a quote @ £2000. Not a personal attack BTW, but if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't be posting on a public forum expecting any really positive responses.
+1

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
they should tell me U will be banned for ** month and U will pay ** and U will be paying ** consequences after , for xxx years ... .... bullshit
Sorry, but NO, they shouldn't. Thats up to you to realise that. When you took that drink and then went behind the wheel of the car, YOU are the one who should have realised that "U will be paying ** consequences after , for xxx years ... .... " ... it's not up to the court to tell you what other consequences there are.

The "additional consequences" are coveyed very well with drink driving TV ads, in particular, the THINK! ad campaign on TV.

Anyway, regarding insurance companies, you'll just have to look around. It's a tedious task, but if you want insured on your A5 you'll just have to put up with it.

Also, if you have a look at the back of various car magazines, you'll find plenty of insurance companies which take on drivers with DD convictions. Moreso, modified car magazines such as Max Power, Fast Car and Redline.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts