Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my insurance renewal today £441 with multi car discount inc protected bonus, Euro Cover, Lega, Spouse and Business Class One use (£350 Excess) . Not bad I thought until I started surfing Audi = £362.. What Car £300. Morethan £290 (poor cover) Called my Insurer and they have re-quoted at £255 - Is this a bargain?

Any one else had any similar experiences? :moped:

·
Registered
88 Posts
That is cheap, I paid £467.:no:

·
Registered
106 Posts
How old are you guys, how many miles are you doing? I struggle to break £700. 35 y/o doing 15 k miles.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Mine isnt due for renewal yet but was about £349 last time round. Age 37. 10k miles a year on the policy plus all mods declared.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How old are you guys, how many miles are you doing? I struggle to break £700. 35 y/o doing 15 k miles.
35y - 15k miles a year, excess £150, 11y NCD and insurer is Zurich.

·
Registered
51 Posts
£300 - 33 y, 12k milage, class 1 business, last fault claim 5 years ago still decalred, £500 excess, More Than insurance, Garaged

I think My decent postcode helps,
Edit.. And of course having the A5 with the slower engine

·
Registered
8 Posts
£260 for myself and wife with £150 excess and business on a 3.0Tdi Sport with Swiftcover.com

Very good online service. I put on my private plate all I had to do was login change the details and click print and I had a new copy of the policy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mines a company car, but I did a quick check on confused.com....

26 year old / 4Y NCD / SP30 in 2004 / Kept at work car park & home car park / 30k PA

Cheapest quote was Quikfit @ £690, with a £400 excess.

Thank the lord for company cars! :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
£260 for myself and wife with £150 excess and business on a 3.0Tdi Sport with Swiftcover.com

Very good online service. I put on my private plate all I had to do was login change the details and click print and I had a new copy of the policy.
Around the same for a 1.8.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Good site.. got them down to less than 200! BUT No Courtesy car, NO Legal Cover, Limited Personal Injury, NO Protected NCB, NO Euro Cover,No Class 1 Business use.

Liverpool Victoria Quoted £255 for Loaded 3.0Tdi Quattro (others don't like extras including 19in wheels!)

Includes: - Business, Euro 180 days comp, Legal, 100k personal injury, Unlimited protected bonus, Courtesy car etc, declared car not always in garage... seems good to me but then I have one or two grey hairs (and cats) now!

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm about £1500. Although it's a company car so the company pays for it.
You need to get someone to arrange you a cash in lieu of company car scheme (PM me if you like!)

If it's on a 12 month or longer lease most Insurance companies are content. £1500 seems OTT!

Inland Revenue Fixed Profit scheme and 90% of lease cost the company paid worked a treat for me..... unless of course it's your company when different rules apply..:moped:

·
Registered
871 Posts
last year I paid £305 with IAM Surety. (You have to be an IAM member to get the rates)
It comes with protected no claims, legal, courtesy car, increased claims limits.

As I turned 50 last Saturday I am hoping my next renewal will be even lower as I probably qualify for some old codger discount :)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
last year I paid £305 with IAM Surety. (You have to be an IAM member to get the rates)
It comes with protected no claims, legal, courtesy car, increased claims limits.

As I turned 50 last Saturday I am hoping my next renewal will be even lower as I probably qualify for some old codger discount :)

That sounds expensive. I am similar age but Saga (Sex and Games (for the) Aged) too expensive!

Just paid mine with LV, actually paying £252 including IPT on a 3.0Tdi Quattro!

Sure beats my renewal premium of £441. Includes Guaranteed Bonus (no limit to claims) 300 xs, European Comprehensive cover, self + Mrs RG, 100000 personal injury, not always garaged, Class 1 Business use, 12000 miles a year estimated, Courtesy cAr, Legal protection. No problems with declared factory options. I am dead chuffed!:moped:

·
Registered
139 Posts
37 yr old.
2.0 sline petrol

£312 fully comp
Protected NCB
Courtesy car
Legal

Done with Privilege

Was the lowest by far for me. I was previously with Swiftcover. They quoted £400.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sheila's Wheels came out second best for me. I don't know what that says about me.

·
Registered
871 Posts
That sounds expensive. I am similar age but Saga (Sex and Games (for the) Aged) too expensive!

Just paid mine with LV, actually paying £252 including IPT on a 3.0Tdi Quattro!

Sure beats my renewal premium of £441. Includes Guaranteed Bonus (no limit to claims) 300 xs, European Comprehensive cover, self + Mrs RG, 100000 personal injury, not always garaged, Class 1 Business use, 12000 miles a year estimated, Courtesy cAr, Legal protection. No problems with declared factory options. I am dead chuffed!:moped:
I will certainly be giving them a try in May when mines due

1 - 20 of 26 Posts