Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due to be getting my S5 soon. Just wondering what you guys are paying on insurance and who you are insured through.

Im 28 yrs old, with full no claims. The best quotes i have got so far are around £1500, thats with a tracker fitted :(

·
Registered
174 Posts
Try admiral i insured my s5 and s3 for £750 with there multi car policy.More than are also very good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Esure for me. £415 for the 3.0tdi. Think you've just got to shop around. I findthe compare insurance web sites quite handy, give those a try.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Worth looking at Quidco.com, and seeing what cashback the insurers are offering for taking out their policies. Why let the comparison site have the commission, when you can have it yourself ;)

http://www.quidco.com/finance/life-auto/

I went through this route last year for house and contents insurance, and got my £100 cashback 2 months later.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my insurance is £1400 on the A5 3.0 TDI im 23 with 4 years no claims and 6 points on my licence. i wouldnt advice the seach sites such as confused etc they were coming back with £4000 to insure me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've gone with Admiral's multi-car policy. Quoted around £1000 for the S5 in London, kept in Garage overnight. I'm 30 with 8 years no claims.

Definately use the comparison sites to get an idea of whats out there, and then if you can, use the cash back sites to claw back some commission :)

Japes

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just gone with E-sure,£330:) ,me 46 missus 45(sp30) well impressed they were £250! cheaper than Admiral

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Busipaln,
Best bet is to use as many of the comparison sites as possible. For a full breakdown, check out Martin Lewis' website (MoneySavingExpert.com) where he explains it all and has links to all the available sites. Use them all and you pretty much cover just about 100% of all the main UK insurance companies. Here's the link to get to the car insurance page:http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/compare-cheap-car-insurance

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
sainsburys, 310 with 10 points on my licence.... worth a try

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
hehehe 4 with a vauxhall and 6 with a bmw none with a audi yet :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Great Help guys

Thanks for the Top Tip scratch113 - I will be happy to get it under 1K
busipaln,
Best of luck and keep us posted with what you end up with - for the record when I bought my S4 I had budgeted £1200/year for insurance (this was back in 2003) and the first few quotes I got all came in around that level. I was most surprised by Direct Line who I'd been with for around 5 years at that time for my previous A4 2.8 Quattro, and they came down to just under £650 (full no claims, garaged, tracker, etc.) - worth giving your current insurer a call and haggle with them. In the current financial climate, I would think they'll be pretty keen to keep your business.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I'm due to be getting my S5 soon. Just wondering what you guys are paying on insurance and who you are insured through.

Im 28 yrs old, with full no claims. The best quotes i have got so far are around £1500, thats with a tracker fitted :(
Quoted £685 with Its4Me. Insured it ( 49 yrs and 3 pts sp30 ) then addes the wife ( with six points ) and it went down to £610!!

I'm sure Jen will have a quick reply for that!:D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
esure for me £380 for my S5 (age 36 with 3 pts)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Insurance Quotes in Norn Irn

Any of the Northern Irish clan got ideas for who is best for Insurance quotes? I've spent an hour or so getting knock-backs from all these nice cheap insurers in GB who don't deal in the beautiful country :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well So far i have two great quotes

£1080 From Admiral with £450 Excess

£1230 from Elephant with £150 Excess

·
Registered
714 Posts
Company car so no insurance woes for me but I can't help thinking, have the guys with the sub £500 quotes looked at the cover in the policy? I'd be a little suspicious about how willing they'll be to pay out...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Liverpool Victoria - Fully Comp = £265 for S5
£500 excess
inc wife.
Protected NCB.
Clean Licence.
Driving for nearly 40 yrs.
But I'm ancient...56 (!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Always take a BIG excess. Saves a LOT on insurance

If you have an accident and not your fault, you'll always get it back!
If you have an accident and IT IS your fault, then it serves you right!
The downside is if you have to claim should some b*****d damage your car and you cannot track him down.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts