Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi boys (and girls of course ;) )

I know this had been discussed and touched in other posts but i though this would be useful info for anyone looking to create a new thread on this.

Purely by accident I found that Shelaswheels (or “ESure” trading as Shelaswheels) will cover both the Milteck exhaust and APS Re-Map for a 20% loading.

They will cover the boys as the main driver as well, but if you have any problems my underwriter was called Simon, so ask the call centre guys to talk to Simon from underwriting if necessary.

Total quote for Business cover, and full protection 9 yrs NCD was just under £600 including the rating.

Hope this helps anyone put off the upgrades worrying about declaring the MODS!

Oh this is based on a 35 yr old self-employed, with the Wife as a named driver, no convictions etc for the A5 3.0 Sport Manual.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can i just ask, does that mean without the mods it woud have been around £500? If so, that seems a bit much. Im around the same age:rolleyes: with 6 years no claims and have just paid £250 for a 1.8tfsi. I know this is a smaller engine, but have in the past year had a 07 tt and a 3 litre a4 cab sport and Paid less than £280 each on those.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Grantshel, Sorry your right i should have mentioned that its with Business cover as well and all the normal extras legal etc etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blooming hell, whos your insurance company then that seems a fantastic price, any one else comment on their cover. Lets jack this thread to a whos paying what to whom list then!! Richard

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Purely by accident I found that Shelaswheels (or “ESure” trading as Shelaswheels) will cover both the Milteck exhaust and APS Re-Map for a 20% loading.
I'm with esure and there was no loading for me with all mods declared and revised schedule received confirming the mods.

I have business travel on mine as well and it was £349 a year fully comp.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes just done an online quote with GoCompare and there is about a £85 difference between the 1.8 Sport and the 3.0 Sport, and the quotes came out at £314 for the 1.8 and £400 for the 3.0 so by going direct to Esure (not via ShelasWheels - and i dont know if i could actualy insure myself with them anyway :eek: ) £400 is not bad, and as you say they accept the MODs which was the main reason for the thread, so thats confirmed then!

R

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Elephant insurance cover mods aswell, they were reasonable the last time i used them

·
Registered
19 Posts
22, male, s5 ... £3980

Although i have managed to get elephant/bell down to £1300 with only a £5000 excess :)

and people complain about reaching 30!!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I called my insurance company (Privilege) today to add my newly fitted mods (see other threads for detail and piccies) to my policy. I also down-sized my annual mileage from 15,000 to 5,000 (I now use my MX-5 for daily use) and ended up with a £10.50 refund :) when all was accounted for.

Initially, without the mileage adjustment, they wanted an extra £24.15 for the rest of the policy year (until Nov 24) and I believe that was purely for the exhaust - i.e. no adjustment for the springs and spacers. I was paying £31.09 per month.

On the other hand, I've just paid an extra £68 on the MX-5 just for a replacement (read louder) exhaust :(. Mind you, I do not have any no-claims bonus on the MX-5 so that didn't help.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi, when I first insured my A5 at the beginning of the year, I was pleasantly surprised with the quotes I received from one of those well known comparison sites. I had about 40 'hits' ranging from around £300 to the ridiculous! When I went back into the quote menu and declared my mods, ie, satnav, wheels, electric seats, bluetooth, etc, etc and re-ran the quote the list dropped to two!!! :confused: Seems most companies only want standard spec cars.

Thing is the options we add to our cars can add up to many thousands and if you don't insure them you may not get them back should the worse happen. It's always worth checking.

In the end I contacted my local Audi dealer who recommended a local broker. Got everything manually underwritten for £450. They also listed all the options in the policy schedule so I have it in writing!!!

It would appear that when it comes to renewal, I now have some other options. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Most insurance companies don't tend to ask for the list of extras and More Than aren't bothered according to their customer services, on the basis you can prove what was on the car at sale.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe it's just the comparison sites doing too much filtering. It obviously pays to speak to a real person.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Spike - would you mind PMing me with the details of the broker?

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
143 Posts
Spike - would you mind PMing me with the details of the broker?

Cheers
Matt
Matt,

I will dig out the details later and send you a PM.

·
Registered
234 Posts
S5 with full NCD protected , 2 claims in last 3 years ( only 1 at fault claim but was vandalism) and 1 speed conviction. £390 with Esure.
My previous insurer was esure and they want £580 at renewal , I used go compare and got the same policy with same insurer for £390 so cancelled my old policy and took out new one with same insurer ............the worlds gone mad !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts