Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what others have experienced with insurance costs?

Mine is due for renewal in a few weeks. It has been due in October since I bought my first car, a 205 1.9 GTI 23 years ago, but when I bought my S5, the insurer I was with wouldn't insure it!? Anyway, cancelled it and took out a new policy, so it now starts at the beginning of May.

Anyhoo, my premium is £590 this year 42yrs old, full NCB, no points etc living in Manchester, 2014 S5. :)

How's yours?

·
Registered
357 Posts
2010 3.0 TDi S-line Coupe.
Around £340 with all mods declared, plus legal cover & courtesy car I think, with LV fully comp with full NCB (no points) and second named driver in Oxfordshire.
Adrian Flux were prepared to match this, but I usually just use them to get the quoted price down on renewal with LV.

·
Registered
405 Posts
£280, fully comp with max no claims discount and another named driver, Legal and Courtesy. RS5 4.2 V8. (I think I’m still young, but stopped counting...but a lot younger than TonyP ?), Scotland, Direct Line.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Postcode lottery this...
£501 with LV. 52 year old. 20 years no claims (only last 9 years count with LV). No points. North Nottinghamshire. A5 2.0TFSI quattro 252ps.
I do have motor legal protection and a couple other add on’s, but still, I’m getting raped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They seem pretty consistent! I thought, stoopidly, that renewing in the current situation where people should be driving less, premiums may have gone done slightly!? :)

The premium is a touch less with my personal reg though!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can’t say I’ve ever noticed a difference in premium because of my personal plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I first got my plate for my birthday, I phoned the insurance and they gave me money back on my premium!! Usually they want admin fees to amend the policy, but they actually gave me money saying the private reg reduced the premium, this was half way into the cover!? :)

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Well I read that the USA insurance companies have just credited a month back to their clients due to the lockdown. Here in sunny Italy insurance is an expensive joke. My van costs me about 1000 Euro per annum for just Third Party Fire and Theft. Joke.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I read that the USA insurance companies have just credited a month back to their clients due to the lockdown. Here in sunny Italy insurance is an expensive joke. My van costs me about 1000 Euro per annum for just Third Party Fire and Theft. Joke.
Its because of the way Italians drive! :)

We were in Rome a couple of years ago. Saw a bus swipe a wing mirror of a merc, plus scrape the side of the car. Bus carried on driving. The merc driver (car was stopped but occupied) got out, shrugged his shoulders, picked up the wing mirror and got back in car as if this was a normal every day occurance.

In the UK there would have been much swearing and kicking probably!

On the insurance note, got mine down to aprx £350 this year (age 45, 10+ years NCB, no points, 3.0TDI). Before then it had been aprx £500 for years. Its a postcode thing i think..

·
Registered
50 Posts
£848 with Admiral for S5 and Maserati MC Stradale. 25 with 7 years NCD. About to get £50 back too due to their announcement this morning.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I just renewed my insurance last week. It was slightly cheaper this year - down to £500 (modified car insurance, 54 years old, 11 years NCD, "ruralish" west berkshire). I didn't feel like shopping around but when I phoned my broker (Sky) to note that protected NCD was not shown on my renewal schedule, they simply changed the underwriter without having to re-quote, reminding me that insurance is a game and if I want it cheaper I need to play. However seeing Dave & Tony's prices maybe £500 is already in the lower range for modified S5 insurance.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
BTW Tony I have never found AF to be competitive. I used to use A-Plan for modified insurance but then found that Sky got me cheaper quotes. I have been with LV in the past but they went "mainstream" and so I found them too expensive for modified insurance.

Reactions: TonyP

·
Registered
146 Posts
AF quoted me a similar price thus year for modded, to what I paid last year for a std S5. It bothers me that insurance is thus high for me, but like most not a lot I can do about it. I'll try Sky and see what they come back with

1 - 20 of 25 Posts