Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lady has requested a handle to be installed at the roofline of the passenger door so she can hold onto something during cornering. Anyone ever install something like this?

·
Registered
182 Posts
use a come-along to strap her to the seat? duct tape? no, too much residue.. towing straps! there you go..

seriously though, those handles need a structural member to fasten to, and if it doesn't already exist you would have to weld something in there - it's certainly possible, but to do it right without damaging the car would likely be costy..

·
Registered
415 Posts
Might be cheaper/easier to get a new lady...one who can withstand the g-forces.

My wife could be certified as a test pilot if they saw footage of the centrifuge she's subjected to daily.

Just wait until I get a car that actually has handling qualities =)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
RS4 Seats with 3 point harness would do the trick and look good too.

The best part about the 3 point harness is when you take her out to dinner in a dress!! ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
My lady has requested a handle to be installed at the roofline of the passenger door so she can hold onto something during cornering. Anyone ever install something like this?
My A5 comes with a roof handle on both sides is this another difference in US & UK cars!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Suicide handles.

My father-in-law ALWAYS enters an automobile and immediately grabs on to a roof handle and never lets go. That's the reason he said, "I don't like this car."

If the roof handles are available in the UK, then there must be a way to install them in the US.

Audi, USA, are you listening? Give us a hand, you good fellows and gals.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Well, here in the UK we have handles on both sides. Infact, this is the first car i've seen which has a handle on the driver's side. using the handle whilst driving it obviously discouraged, normally.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Well, here in the UK we have handles on both sides. Infact, this is the first car i've seen which has a handle on the driver's side. using the handle whilst driving it obviously discouraged, normally.
Another difference between UK and US spec cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can anyone from Canada chime in? Is it only the S5's that lack the handle? I always hang on to the handle in my A6 when I'm driving especially at red lights and to block the sun when it's below the visor. I even searched the net for pictures to make sure the A5 had a handle before I ordered but I guess it was a uk picture I saw.

My local dealer hasn't had any A or S5's in so I haven't seen one in person yet except quickly at an auto show but I forgot to look then.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Grab-handles are only fitted to models without a sunroof
hence why they are not seen on US spec. cars..

My dealer was quick to point this out as well as the fact that the whole roof lining is 25mm lower.

The passenger will just have to grab the door handle and look up to the heavens when screeching round corners! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts