Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Bloody brilliant if you ask me, I've wanted to do that to mine for ages even since before I got my car.

Few questions:

1. Any technical issues you had to get around e.g with the air bag etc.
2. Also do any of the buttons work in place of the buttons that were on the S5 e.g the +/- buttons so that you can scroll through the drivers console display?
3. When you press the sport button, do you get extra throttle repsonse and better exhaust sound :p :D

Well done!!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Very cool, needs to lose the RS4 badge quickly though. Same questions as SAJ & ESS any tech problems ?? My dealer told me it wasn't possible to do !

·
Registered
415 Posts
According to the discussion about this on AudiWorld, the button's don't work with this conversion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
info on install

no technical issue's guy's
you have too order the airbag from an a8
and none of the button's work, but for me well worth it that feel and look one of a kind very comfortable steering wheel, if you guy's want a flat bottom wheel and want too keep the function's then get the tt wheel but get the s-line one if you ask me it look's the best , better than a regular tt wheel and better then the r8 wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rs4 euro wheel install

guy's i think you have too reprogram the computer not too get any fault code's for a different airbag , i did the install at the dealer , it cost me $260 i think it was worth it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Very cool. If you want a similar steering wheel with working buttons you can buy the TT-wheel. And the new steeringwheel from the Audi TTS is awesome.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
There was a TT wheel on ebay last week for like $1200.

·
Registered
302 Posts
looks great! i'm guessing the new RS6 steering wheel will work although it's for the tiptronic, it comes with the auto shift paddles
The RS6 wheel is the same as the TTS, R8 and so on. Even the Lamborghini Gallardo has the steering wheel:

Be cool with the Lambo logo on it instead? ;)

... or even cooler: The Lambo wheel with alcantara an CF:

·
Registered
19 Posts
i sent an email to Poole Audi the other day, enquiring about the flat bottomed steering wheel from a TT and the impending 19" and 20" RS6 alloys.
This is what i got back.......................

"Here are the answers to your questions – I have spoken directly with Audi UK Product Marketing Team.

- At present the 19” & 20” RS6 alloys are not available for the S5 in the UK – This may be something that happens later in the year, but I can not give you precise timings. I must agree with you though, an S5 on the 19” RS6 wheels would look superb…..

- With regards to the TT flat bottom steering wheel:- The wheel on a TT is flat because there is an offset built into the centre hub of the wheel – This is designed so the driver has a clear view of the instrument binnacle. If this wheel is transferred across to another car – It will obscure parts of the instrument display – I would strongly recommend against this. We costed a standard Audi A3 for a customer to have the flat bottom wheel fitted – Just in parts it came to £1500.00 - It proved to be uneconomical to do this.

I hope that this answers your questions and I look forward to hearing from you soon so I can arrange a test drive.

Kind regards,"

:(

·
Registered
302 Posts
+1000 LOL, in an Audi, surely not hahaahah.
Well, Lamborghini IS Audi... The RS4, TT, RS6, S3 steering wheel and so on is all a version of the Gallardo wheel. Lamborghini Gallardo was the first car with this steering wheel. The airbag is the same so you could take the Lambo wheel to get the carbon trim and the suede, and then use an Audi airbag to get the rings instead of the Lambo-logo.

what i really meant was that the switches might work the same as the s5, but i dont know that for sure yet...
The switches doesn't work "out of the box". But by modifying the harness you will get it to work. You need to open the airbag-plug on the harness of the flat-bottom steering wheel, then switch places on three wires (brown, yellow and red). I have the recipe if you want it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well, Lamborghini IS Audi... The RS4, TT, RS6, S3 steering wheel and so on is all a version of the Gallardo wheel. Lamborghini Gallardo was the first car with this steering wheel. The airbag is the same so you could take the Lambo wheel to get the carbon trim and the suede, and then use an Audi airbag to get the rings instead of the Lambo-logo.

The switches doesn't work "out of the box". But by modifying the harness you will get it to work. You need to open the airbag-plug on the harness of the flat-bottom steering wheel, then switch places on three wires (brown, yellow and red). I have the recipe if you want it.

As far as switching the 3 wires, was this in reference to the above RS4 wheel or are we talking about the TT wheel? I have a RS6 wheel that I am doing the swap for now..
:cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.