Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

How many of the s5 owners in the east/mid-atlantic:

• Use their summer tires year-round?

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Have gotten rid of summer tires altogether & use an all season (or some other) tire year-round?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Have the summer tires taken off in the fall and replace with winter tires (same rims)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have summer tires/rims taken off in the fall & replace with second set of rims with winter tires?

Votes: 6 46.2%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, how many of the s5 owners in the east/mid-atlantic:

(1) use their summer tires year-round;

(2) have gotten rid of the summer tires altogether and use an all season (or some other) tire year-round;

(3) have the summer tires taken off in the fall and replace with winter tires (same rims); or

(4) have the summer tires/rims taken off in the fall and replace with a second set of rims with winter tires?

I am planning to do (4) and get another set of rims with Dunlop 3Ds for the winter, but I am curious what others do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great question. I am not an owner yet but I am very much considering using the 19" wheels all season. The Audi salesperson said in his opinion he shoul deither stay with the 18" wheels or buy all seaso 19" tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going to have to make this decision as well...19" summer tires currently on A5 with 9K miles.

Have a few more months to decide...thinking all seasons all year would be good for Virginia...but don't want to put my summer tires to pasture with so much life left in them.

Curious to see the responses.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a second set of wheels and tires (Dunlop 3D's). IIRC less than $2k look good and work great in the snow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts