Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody, is there anyone that bought an S5 at audi uptown in markham on.. If so, please give me some info has to the quality of this dealership, in terms of reliability and service.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hi everybody, is there anyone that bought an S5 at audi uptown in markham on.. If so, please give me some info has to the quality of this dealership, in terms of reliability and service.
i almost put down a deposit there with a sales dude by the intials SW (whatever you do, don't work with him). in total, i went there and talked to him at least 3 times. From the start, he told me the prices for the S5 are not negotiable and their PDI (999) and admin fees (295) are among the highest in all of Ontario. He told me that I would be fourth in their queue for a S5 tiptronic (as of mid last week) and i will get my car in June/July. I had an appointment setup with his manager (he had to go down for the autoshow) on the weekend to get the paper work done and put down the deposit, but I ended up putting deposit with another dealership b/c they were more willing to negotiate from the start and i was able to get the slot of someone who ordered in december (expected delivery is still June/July).

i called SW the next day to cancel the appointment out of courtesy; but not only did he not appreciate the fact that I DON'T have to call him back to let me know that i was not going to see his mgr on the weekend, he was audibly upset with me b/c he perceived that $500 discount that i got from the other dealership was insignificant (if it's so insignificant why couldn't he match it at the beginning???)... he told me that if i showed that I was serious from the start and have my credit card ready for the deposit (his exact words) he would have been willing to negotiate (i was like what the f**k??). you guys be the judge as to whether something like this is acceptable....:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
info dealership

thanks seifufu for the info, the sales rep i did contact is not the same as yours but doesnt seem more honest then the other one, but i think its from the image of their superiors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Queensway Audi for me.

The service has been phenomenal from the start. I can't say one negative comment about my experiences with them. Ask for Scott if you're ever in the area.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
....he told me that if i showed that I was serious from the start and have my credit card ready for the deposit (his exact words) he would have been willing to negotiate (i was like what the f**k??). you guys be the judge as to whether something like this is acceptable....:mad: :mad: :mad:
He was talking out of his back side if you ask me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I haven't bought a S5 from UPTOWN AUDI but have serviced there a couple of times. Good customer service and they got the job done very efficiently.

I don't see why they wouldn't give you *something* for free -- like Audi care?
That would be worth more than the $500 discount off list?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I haven't bought a S5 from UPTOWN AUDI but have serviced there a couple of times. Good customer service and they got the job done very efficiently.

I don't see why they wouldn't give you *something* for free -- like Audi care?
That would be worth more than the $500 discount off list?
i don't see why either.... i am quite sure they would probably give me something (e.g. maybe Audi care, maybe $200 off) if i were to see it through with them to the end.... but i didn't b/c they weren't willing to negotiate from the start (don't know why i have to 'have my credit card ready' and indicate that i am serious to be taken seriously) ... to me, it was already a big turn off when they are standing so firm from the start despite charging some of the highest PDI and admin fees among audi dealers in ontario...

and in the end i wasn't happy b/c i got lectured when i was just trying to be courteous to tell them to cancel my appointment....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts