Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My digital oil level was showing pretty much at the bottom (just above the 'min' mark) so i was advised to top up. Went and bought a litre of oil after checking how much engine oil my car takes (6.9 litres apparently - A5 2.7 TDI) and now my oil level reading is a full bar (max). Doing the maths in my head and looking at the digital reader, a litre shouldn't have even moved the reader above the halfway mark yet it's telling me it's at a max level. How can this be?

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
My digital oil level was showing pretty much at the bottom (just above the 'min' mark) so i was advised to top up. Went and bought a litre of oil after checking how much engine oil my car takes (6.9 litres apparently - A5 2.7 TDI) and now my oil level reading is a full bar (max). Doing the maths in my head and looking at the digital reader, a litre shouldn't have even moved the reader above the halfway mark yet it's telling me it's at a max level. How can this be?
The screen represents the top litre or so of your oil, not the total capacity.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The screen represents the top litre or so of your oil, not the total capacity.
Ohhh i see, so does that mean i have now overfilled? I'm either being stupid and not reading correctly or it's misleading. Does that now mean that i have a full 6.9 litres which technically is bad for the car as i read that it shouldn't be filled all the way up.

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Ohhh i see, so does that mean i have now overfilled? I'm either being stupid and not reading correctly or it's misleading. Does that now mean that i have a full 6.9 litres which technically is bad for the car as i read that it shouldn't be filled all the way up.
I think you're fine. It'll shout at you if you go too much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts