Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

So I noticed yesterday that when I was backing up, the mirror wasn't tilting on the passenger side. So, I did the logical thing and verified that the window control selector was located to the right, which indicates that you want to modify the mirror on the passengers side and additionally that you want that mirror to tilt down for purposes of backing up.. Well, it didn't tilt down...

So I thought it was possibly just stuck, as far as, stuck in a mode.. So I pulled foreword until the reverse camera was off, then started into reverse again... I even cranked my wheels to the right and left.... Still nothing..

I haven't tried it this morning on my way to work but I'll try it again when I get home... Question is, is there another setting I should check or has anybody already had this occur?

Texastate

·
Registered
163 Posts
hey Texastate, it could be that your 'saved' position is where the mirror is positioned for both forwward and reverse. Try to put it in reverse, manually adjust the mirror into the downward position you like, then SAVE that setting while still in reverse. Now go forward for a bit and the mirror should tilt back up to your forward position. Then try backward again and it should go back to the saved reverse spot.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Texastate, it could be that your 'saved' position is where the mirror is positioned for both forwward and reverse. Try to put it in reverse, manually adjust the mirror into the downward position you like, then SAVE that setting while still in reverse. Now go forward for a bit and the mirror should tilt back up to your forward position. Then try backward again and it should go back to the saved reverse spot.
Ahh.. Good point..

And while we are on this topic, how can you totally clear out the saved seat position, tilt, etc. and mirror positions from the 1 and 2 save buttons?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts