Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my s5 v6t convertible 2011... Can I easily find a stockist to replace the in car entertainment and console, giving me an updated system with Nav, Bluetooth audio etc etc.?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've just put a rsnav s2 in my 2008 S5... its amazing and you get to kept the stock options...
Just did it on the weekend, so getting used to it... is great so far...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
So you can fit these systems yourself mate??? Amazing. I cannot change a fuse.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
yeah, wasn't too bad. Just need to take your time. I gave myself a few hours over 2 days to do it. Just unplugged everything (brought a 'trim removal kit' from ebay first) first, then plugged in the new gear/plug-n-play wires and just had it sitting on the gear stick/spare seat etc first to make sure it all worked.
Once I knew what wires went where, then just had to run them in the correct place and it worked first time!

Here's my review from the ozAudi forum in Australia..

Rich (BB code):
Hi guys,

So, I took the bullet and ordered a RSNAV S2 for my car.

I've already had the unit upgraded to a 3G + (?), but not having android auto (ok, so Waze) was the big decision.

I did try another unit that I purchased from a forum member that gave me Android, but it was such a old version, and worse, it kept on draining my battery! (anybody who want's it, just drop me a PM, you can have it for free!).

So, I've been installing stereo's since the old days (80's), and then had a few car pc's.... And I can tell you, this is by far the best system that I have ever had installed in a car!!

This is not come cheap unit that you can buy on alibaba and expect a great system. This is been properly developed and engineered, with a great interface that is seamless with the Audi, with a quality screen and quality construction.
It comes with a 10.25" screen, with 1920 x 720 resolution. Look at the pics below for the image quality.

Know I know what all these people have been raving on about with Android Auto (I can image that it's the same with Apple Carplay). Once I'd taken the 20 mins to install it (ok, say 2 hours!), it was a revelation.

Now I have full Android Auto, plus much much more. This unit is so much better than just AA, it comes with Android that allows you to install any application that you like. So, if you want to play back media (music, movies), download your favourite player.

I installed VLC Player and BlackPlayer, and both worked without an issue. Now when I'm stuck in the car waiting to pickup the kids or wife (ok, not so much these days!), then I can just click on my favourite show, or watch youtube on an excellent screen.

Since this whole covid thing has happened, I've mostly been at home. But I had to do a 2 day trip to Canberra this week, so finally got around to installing the unit the weekend prior. What was fantastic, is that I could just listen to the normal radio from the stock head unit, then when I wanted to flick to AA, I could just press a few buttons and it was up. The I could have Waze running, showing me the hot spots/danger areas (and it was very accurate!) and also have Spotify playing. When I was out of mobile reception, I flicked to the internal HDD to play my music library via BlackPlayer, all the time using the standard Audi controls (so you don't have to press the touch screen).

It's fantastic. The install was fun I was being very careful, so did it over 2 days (a few hours each day). I've got plenty of pictures, so happy to send them to those that would like them. Once done, the unit looks fantastic, and makes the cabin seems like a new model. It's also fully reversible if required (that's what I've done), so it can go back to stock when you want.

The cables are plug and play, I didn't have to cut anything, solder anything, and there is a microSD card slot on the side to load music/movies/files/what ever you want.

So, as you can see, it's amazing. It's something that I wanted in a car for SOOOOO LONG!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts