Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I'm Bill
Left home yesterday morning, happy in my 2-year old A6 3.0 TDI S-Line, to attend a business meeting 150 miles away. Finished early and thought I'd pop into a nearby Audi dealer for a browse. Drooled over a couple of R8s then came to this gleaming Meteor A5. Salesman came across. Me: "I like it, but 'cos I'm a Saga-lout I prefer a slush-box". Salesman: "OK, but why don't you take a drive in our demonstrator and while you're away I'll look over your A6".
Conclusion: I'll take it! Here's my deposit! Drove home thinking "Have I done the right thing? Meteor wouldn't have been my first choice, but it looked good in the showroom. There's a couple of gadgets missing - cruise & front parking sensors - but I can live without them". On the plus side, I thought no waiting - it'll be mine in a few days. Got home, told wifey and surprisingly she was pleased. Just waiting for the quid pro quo! :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Good for you. Meteor is quite a nice colour. Its one of those that looks better in the flesh than in picture. Plus it is different to all the silver and blacks that are popular.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome to the site, Bill. Congrats on your recent purchase. I'm sure you'll be quite happy with your decision.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Great thing about an impulse buy is theres no time to regret your decision...not that you would anyway. You sound like a salesmans dream ...Nice colour and who needs front parking sensors.. Enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts