Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, ive recently inquire on the possibility of buying an S5 from the u.s., heres the result from one broker company in Montreal. S5 paddle shift, fully equipped (audi music interface, b&o, tech pack,navigation pack, rear view camera) transport and prep., duty tax, all the paper work, transport from florida in a closed cabin, $65,416.00+tx. In Montreal the dealership was selling me an S5 paddle shift ( tech pack) $70,495.00+tx, both cars in phantom black. Im now negotiating with a second company in Montreal (both of them very reliable over 15 years in the business), i think the second one will get me a better price. heres the company names for those interested 1.Lutex , 2.Parkway. With all the options from the u.s.S5 you save more then $8,000.00, if it wasnt for the foreign built product at customs we would save another 6.1% tax. Still its a good deal.

· Registered
256 Posts
Hi everybody, ive recently inquire on the possibility of buying an S5 from the u.s., heres the result from one broker company in Montreal. S5 paddle shift, fully equipped (audi music interface, b&o, tech pack,navigation pack, rear view camera) transport and prep., duty tax, all the paper work, transport from florida in a closed cabin, $65,416.00+tx. In Montreal the dealership was selling me an S5 paddle shift ( tech pack) $70,495.00+tx, both cars in phantom black. Im now negotiating with a second company in Montreal (both of them very reliable over 15 years in the business), i think the second one will get me a better price. heres the company names for those interested 1.Lutex , 2.Parkway. With all the options from the u.s.S5 you save more then $8,000.00, if it wasnt for the foreign built product at customs we would save another 6.1% tax. Still its a good deal.
Thanks for the detail. I'm curious about your $8000 in savings though. $70,495-$65,416 - ~$5000. Where does the other $3000 come from?

Also, how are you getting an American dealer to sell to a Canadian?

· Registered
483 Posts
hey mdg, would you please give us links to Lutex and Parkway's website (if they have one)...

i am also curious have any of you considered the issue of exchange rate risk when you are ordering a car that will be at least 3 months away from a broker (e.g., you signed a contract with a broker for a certain price now in $CAD, but if the $CAD tanks by 10-15% from now until you pick up the car, who pays for the difference).. my guess is will probably need to specify in the contract with the broker....

another problem with using a broker that i thought of is the hassle of harrassing them for production status/port status/delivery dates etc... i would think most of the brokers would not want you contacting their dealer directly... but at the same time it's a pain in the ass to contact these guys for the info because more than likely they will not pursue it with the same enthusiasm and expedience as you.....

just wondering if anyone have had experience in these matters....any insight that any of you would be good... thanks...

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
importing us s5

hi jsc, the difference in prices from the u.s. and can. s5 comes from the fact that the can. s5 does not come with the navigation and cd changer ($3,500.00) so $5,000.00+ $3,500.00. They get dealerships to sell their cars to a contact (of the broker in montreal) that has a permanent address in that specific state in that case florida ( how many montrealers do you think have permanent address in florida, a lot!!!). If you dont want a u.s. car they can get you one anywhere in canada. The fact that i went to see them is because there are no S5 available here we have to for 09 models, wich means september or october if were lucky, just cant wait that long. The one from the states would be delivred in may (at the latest). I know for a fact that the audi dealership in vermont plattsburgh ( kinney motors not to mention) is receiving one S5 with all the spec i want this week, i called them personnally but they wouldnt sell directly to me, obviously, th e closer you get to the border they protect each others market.

· Registered
256 Posts
Thanks! I hope it goes well for you, and that you will update us when it's all done. There has been tons of speculation about importing from the US in the last while.

· Registered
2 Posts
importing from the US

I also got a quote from a dealer in Montreal. The final amount was $65,000 plus tax; I finally ordered it from a local dealer for $71,500, including the maintenance for 4 years and 80K. $6,000 is still a lot of money, but I figured out that there are a few advantages to order it local. 1- you can lease instead of buying; 2- you are assured of a top notch service, including courtesy car when you service it; 3- you have all your dials in cdn standards (km, litres...). After 40 years under the metric system, I am getting used to it. With Audi having decreased the price of their cars, I thought that it was not worth the trouble...having said that, if I had bought an RS4, the story would have been different, because Audi did not discount the RS4. You will find that the difference is much bigger for this car.

I orderd mine in November, should get it around May. My dealer is one of the biggest in Canada, he has only 10 allocated to him, and already has orders for 21...told me that Audi is delivering only 80 in total in Canada in 2008.

· Registered
12 Posts
Great news MDG, please, let us know how it turns out! How long the wait to get your car, any hidden fees and expences.

And like seifufu mentioned, when does the actual exchange of money occur? On receiving of the car or when you order it? Just curious for the same reasons that seifufu discussed.

I think that this is the link to lutex but was unable to find the other broker mentioned.

http://www.lutex.ca/en/set.home.htm

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
importing us s5

hi guys, sorry took so long to reply, the brokers to import S5 from u.s., coulnt find any available soon, theres was a ten month waiting, so i decided to put three deposit at different dealers and wait for the one that gets it first. I almost got a demo from uptown audi in ontario ( im located in montreal) . The S5 was fully equipped 1700km on it, after credit was approved the sales rep tells me he made a mistake on the color it was brilliant blk not phantom blk like written on the contract, i decided to cancel everything. I was on my way to go see the car before finalizing the papers. They were selling it to me 5k more then msrp, just because i was going to drive it 6 months before everybody else in montreal, i told them to take off 5k off the price they didnt want till the last minute before i cancel the deal which by then it was too late for me, i was too p..off. Anyways one of the dealer where i put a deposit order one S5 1st of december im the first one on the list, is there anybody on this forum that ordered one in december and got a delivery date yet. ( in canada ).

· Registered
163 Posts
MDG, I originally placed an order in Toronto for an A5 last Nov with an promised delivery of March 08. Several weeks ago the dealer called me to say my delivery is now June or July. I was very upset at this delay, so I got my deposit back and deciede I would wait for the 2009 models or a demo S5. Audi Canada has now told dealers to stop taking any new orders for A5 / S5 as we will not get any more this year. All dealers are now selling their demo cars because there is no sense in keeping them if they cannot take orders. I I have been shopping like you and there are only a couple of S5's left in the country, so only a small chance you and I will find one. Last week a friend of mine called and said that his dealer where he order his A5 found one with the same colour and options that I ordered last November so I immiediately went there and bought it. I think he managed to get it from another dealer somewhere else in Canada but I don;t know where. I should take delivery this week I hope.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Frank , im happy for you, did you buy it from Queensway audi, they had an A5 brilliant blk on blk manual as a demo, when i called them they were ready to sell it, they told me the same thing you mentionned, that theres no sense in keeping them until they get another one. Audi is really starting to p...me off, if i dont get a due date by the end of march im going for a bmw across the street. Its totally ridiculous to make a car and be able to supply dealers. Anyway good luck with your A5 send some pics.

· Registered
15 Posts
I have one coming into Calgary from the States next week. I am paying 75K for a loaded up ride. The dealer does everything include find the car for you as per your specifications. Thus far, it could not have been easier but I will report back after I actually have the car in my possession to let you know if I would recommend the experience.

· Registered
4 Posts
importing from usa

After waiting for 4 months from audi to confirm a delivery date, I decided to take matters in my own hands. I located one from the usa and paid a broker 1500 bucks to bring in for me. He will look after EVERYTHING!! Car comes to my house directly and I pay him all duties, taxes, fees, and transport etc. directly.
Car should be here next week.

Color is white with mustang brown. If my black with tuscan brown interior ever comes to canada....I may try to unload my white one (fully loaded) to the highest bidder. My guess is in a few months, I should be able to get 59k-60k. I only put on 1000km per months.
If someone is interested, let me know!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.