Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am having the same problem - despite searching previous threads - I am having no luck - the phone is paired fine, but no phonebook/sim access - consequently the audi remote phone in the central armrest is also not working - help please:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I don't know about the iPhone 3G, but the normal iPhone doesn't have the sim access profile, so you can't get access to your sim without third party applications doing it for you.

When you first pair an iPhone up to the A5/S5, it does take a while for the contacts to load. The first time I paired mine it took easilly up to 10 mins for the contacts to load, and then afterwords it's straight away.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am having the same problem - despite searching previous threads - I am having no luck - the phone is paired fine, but no phonebook/sim access - consequently the audi remote phone in the central armrest is also not working - help please:confused:
Ramy7, can you PLEASE post a photo of the remote phone in your center armrest and explain what it is? Is it the "Privacy Handset" Audi speaks of on pages 28 & 29 in the pdf below?

http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/A5/pdf.Par.0005.File.pdf

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ramy7, can you PLEASE post a photo of the remote phone in your center armrest and explain what it is? Is it the "Privacy Handset" Audi speaks of on pages 28 & 29 in the pdf below?

http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/A5/pdf.Par.0005.File.pdf

Yes it is the privacy handset (£950) option - never used it so far - I did not order this option the dealership made a mistake on my order and I got it for free - I tend to drive alone most of the time - hence not required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.