Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

i have some Question and cant find a Clear answer.
Everyone answers something different.

The task is simple. I want to Import a RS5 from US to Germany. It should be the 2013 model.

1) The one ist telling me its just done by Coding. The other mean to change the lights, control modul and the ectricity.
What is the truth?

2) Someguys are telling the RS5 2013 has rear fog lights as factory in the US.
Can somebody confrim this?

thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Why not buy one in Germany or neighbouring country? You won’t have to pay shipping or worry about the US lights or the fact that the sat nav won’t work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it is easy. I can purchase it there cheaper. So if i can safe some Money - why not.
Neighbouring Countrys are no Option for me. Im sure the most of them are salvage cars from the US.
let it be my Problem.
Im searching for Dome answers:)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've known people doing this, my current 2nd car is a US import. No modifications to lights or so required as US homologation is ok for my country's road legal laws. Bought in LA and shipped over in a container. Obviously import tax and registration fees apply so it's not so easy to just convert the US price to your local currency and think you're onto a bargain, though your countrys laws might differ.

A 2013 Audi is a decade newer than my import, but I wouldn't have thought the US homologation rules for road legality would differ enough to render it non-registrable to your country after import.

For a proper answer to your questions I'd suggest you either visit an on-site office of your country's office concerning car registration and road worthiness, alternatively have a search through their website and see if you can find your answers covered. Alternatively I'm sure you have a native forum that is car related where you can ask a general import question to see how far you will get and leave the Audi specific questions for when you know you can import a car without too much bureaucratic malarky and stress.

For some US specific questions regarding the RS, you can easily sign up to the Audizine forum and ask there as it is a US based forum.

Regards

·
Registered
33 Posts
Difficult question. I'm in the states and I sold a car (Mitsu Evo) to a service member who had it shipped and drove it in Germany for a few years. Not sure if he had to make any modifications at all honestly. Prices here really have dropped and it's such a good buy.

There are rear backup lights (required) but not "fog lights" that are always on. I'm sure that's a coding thing that can be solved fairly easily.

If you buy in the U.S., just make sure it has a full service history. I think a lot of dealerships aren't capable of servicing the car correctly. They're all "techs" and not master mechanics. Big difference!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts