Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK before you get all stressed... :yikes: ...I'm thining of trading it in for a new one... Now that discounts are available, and interest rates are down, I can get a better spec car for less money per month... and the same spec for £100 per month less! :2thumbsup:

Has anyone else considered this, done the maths or even spoken to their dealer about this?

Just curious what people think... am I mistaken and should I not waste my time getting figures and my hopes up... or is it worth investigating... in your most humble opinions?

Cheers!

:cheers:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think your plan might come unstuck when you get the p/x price on yours.....:no:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think your plan might come unstuck when you get the p/x price on yours.....:no:

...In normal circumstances (i.e a 3+36 month payment plan) perhaps, however, I put down 15% up front... without enquiring, I guess I owe less than £30k on the car (after considering interest)... and with only 10k on the clock, I see these selling for around £34,000... so PX for £30k might be possible and private sale for perhaps more??? ...assuming I break even, then I could jump to a new plan of less per month AND lower final payment should I wish to buy...

:deal:

·
Registered
479 Posts
What year is your car and what's the mileage? I have Glass's Guide here, I can give you an idea on what they will offer if you want.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Tell the truth - you are changing because you are fed up with the black!!:lightout:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If the deal stacks up Ian you'd be crazy not to upgrade. I made the mistake of buying mine outright, now I'm looking at around £20k to change for the same again, its really hard to justify as mine is low miles and like new. But I know the gap will grow if I keep it too long. Had hoped the RS5 would be here by now.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell the truth - you are changing because you are fed up with the black!!:lightout:
:laughinatabove:

Nearly true, but I'd only rather have one other colour than black for the S5... and that's the Daytona Grey, which is simply stunning... admitted, it's a special colour option, but I could get this and still be paying less! Sweeet! :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Agree - I think I saw it on a TT yesterday and it looked fab:cheers:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Assuming yours is a manual car, it books at £32050 this month, currently losing £300 per month (which is a lot better than it was a couple of months ago when they were losing £1k+).

Only a few cars are fetching book price at the moment and A5/S5 isn't one of them I'm afraid so a realistic p/x price would be £29500.

Find out your settlement figure and get a firm price on the new one and you may be able to do a deal.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I think you should do it. Get your wide load butt to the dealer and see what they are offering you. If you dont ask you wont get. I think your in a good situation where you can get a new one with the spec you want for the same or even less for what your paying. If the dealer gives you a good p-ex then its a no brainer

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Assuming yours is a manual car, it books at £32050 this month, currently losing £300 per month (which is a lot better than it was a couple of months ago when they were losing £1k+).

Only a few cars are fetching book price at the moment and A5/S5 isn't one of them I'm afraid so a realistic p/x price would be £29500.

Find out your settlement figure and get a firm price on the new one and you may be able to do a deal.
Thx for the info! ...sounds encouraging... I think I will enquire next week.

will keep y'all posted!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I wondered when you were going to offload that poverty-spec thing of yours and get some toys!

Hope it works out tho Ian - have to ask - what about the various mods? Are you going to strip and re-apply, start again or simply not bother modding the new one?

(PS - we all know it wil be black so cut the Daytona crap - £2500 on paint? It's not a Prof kind of thing......!)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ah, just noticed from your sig that you don't have nav. I'm afraid that you will have to knock off £1500 from the price I gave you earlier. Sorry :running:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wondered when you were going to offload that poverty-spec thing of yours and get some toys!

Hope it works out tho Ian - have to ask - what about the various mods? Are you going to strip and re-apply, start again or simply not bother modding the new one?

(PS - we all know it wil be black so cut the Daytona crap - £2500 on paint? It's not a Prof kind of thing......!)
Can't stand toys. anything I get will still not have the rip-off, useless NAV or any of the gizmos that go with it. All that stuff just frustrates and breaks... look at the chuffin' advanced key for Christ's sake... nothing but trouble.

However, Daytona and 20" Alloys are interesting. :)

...I would strip the mods and re-apply them.

I must say, it's just a thought at the moment.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Ah, just noticed from your sig that you don't have nav. I'm afraid that you will have to knock off £1500 from the price I gave you earlier. Sorry :running:
Thanks Booster. I took a load of flack for suggesting NO NAV will loose you a lot of money at resale, I paid circa 1800 for NAV after discount. If you lose 1500 without it (as I thought) it is a bargain!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Booster. I took a load of flack for suggesting NO NAV will loose you a lot of money at resale, I paid circa 1800 for NAV after discount. If you lose 1500 without it (as I thought) it is a bargain!:cheers:
:no:...erm, in my book that's break even. Pay £2,000, gain £1,500... no bargain there... if you don't spec it, you save £2,000 and lose £1,500... No loss.

...but let's not open this up again... I think we agreed last time it made no difference financially if you spec NAV or not.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
:no:...erm, in my book that's break even. Pay £2,000, gain £1,500... no bargain there... if you don't spec it, you save £2,000 and lose £1,500... No loss.

...but let's not open this up again... I think we agreed last time it made no difference financially if you spec NAV or not.
I agree probably break even. BUT I will have had NAV to use and enjoy and see how high up I am!:cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the deal stacks up Ian you'd be crazy not to upgrade. I made the mistake of buying mine outright, now I'm looking at around £20k to change for the same again, its really hard to justify as mine is low miles and like new. But I know the gap will grow if I keep it too long. Had hoped the RS5 would be here by now.
Say it ain't so! Sounds like you're a tad bored with the S5. Maybe I really should keep my 911, too (when my S5 finally arrives). Anyone want to marry my ex-wife to lower my monthlies? :laughinatabove:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.