Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I found out today, I got orders to spent 3 years at Geilerkirchen, Germany. I will be taking the A5 with me, and likely picking up a TT for the wife once we get there. Woo hoo, I am pretty happy about this.

I wonder if my Navigation system will work over there. Well, off to do a search.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thats good news, your going to love the autobahn! for your nav, you will have to get Europa 2008 and up. It cost about 280 euros - and it doesn't work so well! :mad:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats good news, your going to love the autobahn! for your nav, you will have to get Europa 2008 and up. It coast about 280 euros - and it doesn't work so well! :mad:
Yep, I was stationed at Ramstein from 1997-1999, so I know what I am in for, and that is why I am so happy.

Thanks for the info. I spent 20 years navigating with a map, so I think I will be able to adjust. I'll get the Europa version anyways (in case the wife isn't as map savy:D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Nice!
Many members around Germany area, perhaps we can make some meeting ? :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice!
Many members around Germany area, perhaps we can make some meeting ? :)
That would be great. I will keep you updated when I get there.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
sorry pal, but there is no XM in the whole of Europe, sadly ...

as for the NAV, it should work with the Europa DVD, GPS Signals are the same around the globe. My TomTom works no problemo when I'm in the states.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry pal, but there is no XM in the whole of Europe, sadly ...

as for the NAV, it should work with the Europa DVD, GPS Signals are the same around the globe. My TomTom works no problemo when I'm in the states.
I think the sat radio in my car is Siruis, not XM, so that should work over there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts