Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reordering my A5 and the color choices to choose from are driving me nuts! Please post opinions on style, practicality, how easy it is to keep clean, anything you want. Your opinion counts so please share your thoughts on these possible color combo's

Ibis White/ Two-tone Black on white interior

Quartz Gray/ Magma Red interior

Ibis White/ Magma Red interior

Ice Silver/ Black Interior

Daytona Gray/ Magma Red interior **Costs a lot so this one is a backup**

**Note that I'm a young guy with no kids, so style rules over practicality.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm reordering my A5 and the color choices to choose from are driving me nuts! Please post opinions on style, practicality, how easy it is to keep clean, anything you want. Your opinion counts so please share your thoughts on these possible color combo's

Ibis White/ Two-tone Black on white interior

Quartz Gray/ Magma Red interior

Ibis White/ Magma Red interior

Ice Silver/ Black Interior

Daytona Gray/ Magma Red interior **Costs a lot so this one is a backup**

**Note that I'm a young guy with no kids, so style rules over practicality.
Ibis White/ Two-tone Black on white interior-5
Don't like the two-tone interior. I would not even drive this one.

Quartz Gray/ Magma Red interior-2
Love the quartz and the darker silvers.

Ibis White/ Magma Red interior-3
The white is beautiful and has alot of sheen to it. A little too bright with the red interior.

Ice Silver/ Black Interior-4
Nice color, but a little light and bland.

Daytona Gray/ Magma Red- 1
Spectacular color. I just love the dark shade of gray against the red.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks A lot, is red hard to manage?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks A lot, is red hard to manage?
The red is very nice, it is a head turner. I would suspect that it is about as difficult as the black due to the high color concentration/pigment. One of the members with the red could probably speak more.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Which one is two-tone black?
Don't think I've seen it...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Sigh reordering again? this is like 3rd or 4th time you've done a thread like this. Zzzz

And by the way, surely you're knocking on S5 price territory with all these audi exclusive colours/interior specs on an A5 S-line.

Are you xxkazxx?

Just stick with what you've got or try and locate one already available.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't get Daytona. Its ugly. I should be the only one who is doomed to have an ugly color on their car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For me although you didn't mention it Phantom Black with red/brown
interior is the best combo.
But you know..as Clint Eastwood said opinions are like ***holes, everyone
has one:):)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yuck

·
Registered
328 Posts
+5

Oh noo :eek:
That doesn't suite the S5...

I know I'm a bit dull but I've ordered my S5 in Ibis white/All black interior. I was thinking of going with magma but it was a bit too much for me. I was afraid I was gonna get sick of it. Besides I saw a lot of BMWs with that interior so I wiped it of my list. :)
I went for the all black interior because it makes the car look raw with the white exterior. The S5 is a beautifully designed set of wheels but at the same time it looks and sounds like a raw monster :D

Besides having all black interior looks great at night with the lights from instrument panel/knobs...

My .02

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have phantom black on magma red. Pics on this site. Looks superb. In the pics the red looks quite bright but in reality its a bit more darker and looks great. The people that have scene love it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go to the dealers around you and see what exterior stands out best to you. Then pick your favorite interior. Of the above, Daytona is my pick. Will not be able to see it on a A5 but they should have it on other models.

I assume socal has lots of stock like Phx. Between the two dealers here, they now have 13 A5s and 5 S5s. It has made it real easy to choose favorite color by actually seeing it on the car.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Under no circumstances should you order the Daytona Gray! :D

That color is reserved for my order......LOL.

BTW, I know the Audi Exclusive exterior color option is $2500 here in the U.S. What does the interior color option cost?

·
Registered
491 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but werent you trying to figure out if you can afford the S-line? how can you all of a sudden afford all these audi exclusive colors? i may be confusing you with somebody else, so if i am please correct me. BTw i would go with daytona on magma.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am *this* close to spending the extra for Daytona. I saw Meteor Grey on an Audi TT and while it looks nice and semi-metallic under shop lighting, it went completely flat -- as in non-metallic -- in cloudy weather. Have yet to see it in the sun as the roof was messed up and they were fixing it.

From the photos of Daytona I've seen it is very metallic although it appears to be a medium grey... Not sure if the camera is adjusting the exposure and overexposing the shot, making it appear lighter or if it really is just about a 15% grey (for you photo guys out there). Could someone let me know if it is a dark graphite or a lighter grey like United Grey on the B6 Passat? Or, to put it in A5/S5 terms, is it lighter or darker than Meteor Grey?

And as to not completely threadjack, I would vote for Quartz Gray/Magma Red interior if you don't have the extra to spend on Daytona Grey.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hey who has those pictures of the daytona gray S5 the one that's kind of laid out like a slideshow i believe its a members S5. can someone post the link i want to get a good look at it

Oh an i have no idea how to use photoshop or how hard photoshop is to use but if it wouldn't be too much trouble i would very much appreciate someone photoshopping magma red interior on quartz gray A/S5. Unless someone has pictures.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey who has those pictures of the daytona gray S5 the one that's kind of laid out like a slideshow i believe its a members S5. can someone post the link i want to get a good look at it

Oh an i have no idea how to use photoshop or how hard photoshop is to use but if it wouldn't be too much trouble i would very much appreciate someone photoshopping magma red interior on quartz gray A/S5. Unless someone has pictures.
The slideshow is gone. That dude sold his car and cut off the slide show. Your best bet is to search on the forum for the pictures that are on here.

·
Registered
229 Posts

That was BBT, he did sell his car and removed the pics or access to them. Those were the best pics of a Daytona Gray S5 I have seen to date.

Some other forum members have photos of Daytona Gray A5/S5....I believe Wismie is one of them. Do a search on the forum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts