Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..........to order up.........:eek:

Dunno where its come from, maybe its Christmas pressie time, my mind telling me to treat myself? :rolleyes:

BMW dealer called me today to offer me one of two X5s that he just took into stock - I was looking at one a few months back :eek: Before I took a notion for an M3, and discarded that idea, the X5 really doesn't appeal to me anymore .

I best behave, I could do something foolish ............. :eek:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
But you are foolish... that's part of your charm ;)

Go on, push the boat out, order that S5 as a little xmas pressie. :)

PS. There's two ex demo ones on ebay, fully loaded, 4k miles and only £44k !!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'll have to wait to get this years bonus safely ensconsed in the palm of my hand though :eek:

Ah, I might have fun speccin' over the Christmas break, placing an order would brightn up those dark january days :)

I...............must..................resist..................:eek:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think I'll have to wait to get this years bonus safely ensconsed in the palm of my hand though :eek:

Ah, I might have fun speccin' over the Christmas break, placing an order would brightn up those dark january days :)

I...............must..................resist..................:eek:
resistence is futile (so say the borg)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
resistence is futile (so say the borg)
Ah, but they bit the dust in the end too ? :D

Boomer, tell me all about your hottie Izzy / Madison / Abbey lookalike assistants, distract me from thoughts of cars for a while........ ;)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'd order it. You can always cancel before it goes confirmed. That way if you become 100% then atleast you won't have to wait as long to get it. Lead times are May 08 at the moment if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am tempted :eek:

I'm waiting to hear how much my insurance will jump by too :eek:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am tempted :eek:

I'm waiting to hear how much my insurance will jump by too :eek:
AidenL would you just order the damn car:D You are trying to be just too practical with this buying issue.:D When you try factoring in the all the variables that you are juggling, you wind up with information overload and paralysis of decision making. There is absolutely nothing practical about owning a S5 but like many things in life it sure makes living/driving more fun. So my highly sought after medical advice to you is too quit thinking so much and be a little impulsive and ORDER THE CAR NOW are forever suffer the psycological trauma of overprocessing information and then making the wrong decision anyway.:D :D :D (Oh by the way since I am doing this between surgical cases today I'll only charge you half price for the consult--10 acres of Irish land ownership should do:p )

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AidenL would you just order the damn car:D You are trying to be just too practical with this buying issue.:D When you try factoring in the all the variables that you are juggling, you wind up with information overload and paralysis of decision making. There is absolutely nothing practical about owning a S5 but like many things in life it sure makes living/driving more fun. So my highly sought after medical advice to you is too quit thinking so much and be a little impulsive and ORDER THE CAR NOW are forever suffer the psycological trauma of overprocessing information and then making the wrong decision anyway.:D (Oh by the way since I am doing this between surgical cases today I'll only charge you half price for the consult--10 acres of Irish land ownership should do:p )
I hope you are tax deductible :D 10 acres - thats about € 3 million these days ! :eek:

I'll have a sleep on it overnight :D

But tell me about your hottie gals in the meantime ! :D :cool: :D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Aiden,

As I understand it, you're thinking about ordering an S5 as opposed to a 2.7 TDi. Given that the 2.7 doesn't come with Quattro, and more importantly the 4.2 V8 loveliness that is the S5, then do it!!!

Seriously though, if you can afford it, then do it! If you have any doubt, then there is no doubt - you won't regret it! I'm missing the V8 loveliness from my S4 already (and I'm still in mourning for its passing).

·
Registered
338 Posts
I hope you are tax deductible :D 10 acres - thats about € 3 million these days ! :eek:

I'll have a sleep on it overnight :D

But tell me about your hottie gals in the meantime ! :D :cool: :D
Wow I didn't realize I was giving advice so cheaply these days;) I am not going to tell you much about some of the young, physically fit, charming, single, well-educated women that work for me in the office because you may attempt to corrupt their youthful innocence and woo them away to Ireland probably promising them the world including the land you now owe me.:p :p

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Wow I didn't realize I was giving advice so cheaply these days;) I am not going to tell you much about some of the young, physically fit, charming, single, well-educated women that work for me in the office because you may attempt to corrupt their youthful innocence and woo them away to Ireland probably promising them the world including the land you now owe me.:p :p
LOL :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They would love it over here ;)

Ok, just take pictures then :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aiden,

As I understand it, you're thinking about ordering an S5 as opposed to a 2.7 TDi. Given that the 2.7 doesn't come with Quattro, and more importantly the 4.2 V8 loveliness that is the S5, then do it!!!

Seriously though, if you can afford it, then do it! If you have any doubt, then there is no doubt - you won't regret it! I'm missing the V8 loveliness from my S4 already (and I'm still in mourning for its passing).
I was gonna go with the 3.0, but I still think the S is in a different league, aurally, and well, mpg -wise :p it definitely is ! :D :eek:

I think a V8 is something to love :eek:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DOOO EEEEEET!

that way I'll be the highest post count without an order :D
You have a vested interest :p :D

Yeah, do it! or we'll be telling Mrs L about your constant craving to see pictures of 'hotties'. :rolleyes:
She knows :eek: I'm like a dog chasing a car - what would I do when I caught it? :p :D

My sales giy is still trying to sell me a 3.0 TDi? :confused:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
You have a vested interest :p :D My sales giy is still trying to sell me a 3.0 TDi? :confused:
Aiden,

Don't let some sales Johnny dissuade you from what you really want!

He's probably got a vested interest - something along the lines of quotas or knowing that he can put you in a 3.0 TDi a lot quicker than an S5, so he gets his sale completed that much quicker!

Make sure it's you driving the deal!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.