Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I sold the S5 to buy an XKR as explained in a previous thread. Now the Jag is very nice, actually its beautiful but my kids feel sick in the back and the interior isn't as nice as the Audi, in fact I missed the Audi and truth be told, the attention it got everywhere it went, those LED's, my Magma Red unholstery, those beautiful Carbon Atlas inlays, the great MMI - you get the picture !! So............I went and bought it back !! And I couldn't be happier. The dealer charged me a couple of hundred pounds for the time on prep etc but what the hell. I've never done anything like that before but I guess sometimes you just take a good thing for granted. Not sure what to do with the Jag now, still got it, still like it, just don't love it - yet. And anyway this site makes for a much more interesting ownership experience. The Audi is off back to a main agent to have a sticky door handle attended to and something done about the creaky trim around the Nav screen, then its booked in with John Drake in Lymington for some mild paint correction and full Zymol detailing. Finally the rear spacers are going back on until I can find some wheels that suit the car and don't look after market.

I swear it feels faster than it did too. ;)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Good to have you back, just goes to show how good the S5 actually is as an all round grand tourer.

One other thing, didn't realise the XKR had back seats, must have been really small ones - TT size.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to have you back, just goes to show how good the S5 actually is as an all round grand tourer.

One other thing, didn't realise the XKR had back seats, must have been really small ones - TT size.
They do, and there was about as much space as my old 6 series BM, but the roof line is low and the windows pretty small, kids hate it. The S5 is a hell of a car, still think the press underestimate it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome back, Blade! Glad to hear you finally came to your senses. :p

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
welcome back mate! and glad you have the car your happy with now

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah you're right Ian, its surprising how the S5 can mix it with cars from a level above ...anyway thanks for comments guys. Looks like I need to work on my post count now, you boys spend too much time on here lol..... SAJ over 1,000 blurry hell mate !!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well you couldnt leave the S5 for good Blade,got to say i dont blame you, losing mine would be like losing my arm,somehow wouldnt feel right,im sure you have made the right decision guess we all take things for granted in life even our S5's.

Welcome back aboard m8 :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yeah you're right Ian, its surprising how the S5 can mix it with cars from a level above ...anyway thanks for comments guys. Looks like I need to work on my post count now, you boys spend too much time on here lol..... SAJ over 1,000 blurry hell mate !!!
'
...too right... need to get a life!!

as for the 'level above' I've personally only ever put the Jag up there on price... It's good to have you back... and hope your luck holds with the car.

PS... I scraped mine this weekend... only the underside of the front fairing, which after lowering won't fit over a curb, but if you put it on ramps you can see it... and I know it's there!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome back Blade. I am surprised your s5 was still there when you went back for it. Thought it would have been snapped up pretty quickly.
After driving the s5 it must be a challenge to get a car as eyecatching and powerfull in the same price range.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Personal experience.

Had to help a friend move some personal belongings to his summer home, so my Cayenne S was the vehicle of choice. I had driven my A5 for a few days previous, so I noticed/heard more squeaks and rattles in the Porsche that were never noticeable before. The A5 is as tight as a drum. Driving the beauty made me feel more secure in my choice. A5s rule!!!!!

Welcome back, Blade!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know this really is the best forum going, I drove into work this morning,feeling a bit hacked off ( no sleep, crap weather, only Tuesday )walked into a bunch of problems, grabbed a coffee and shut myself in my office, checked my emails and then checked the nights movements on this forum. What a great bunch of people you are !!! Aiden mate you're right I am a nutter lol...Jen, how could I not miss you babe !!! Ian, sorry you scraped the car, know how things like that can grate, even if noone else can see it ;) !, Ali, I got the S5 back just in time, a guy walked in within hours of me agreeing to buy it back and was happy to pay cash (43k). Mad, judging by the strength of the residuals on A5/S5 this could be one car that doesn't cost you your arm (and a leg), Doc, been a while since I got called a 'good boy' :D. Arvin 'Sir' yes mate, I missed ya, Xplod, truthfully I don't know I'd be any happier with an R8 over the S5 :eek: Kenny, yeah Rosie is happy I have the cars sorted too, she was ready to move me into the spare room (again ! )! Cheers TX, I'll just put my actions down to early onset dementia, SAJ and Wismie, I know and thanks.....Right then Oscars style speach over with, who's up for arranging a proper owners club meet ?? Sorry Quickag, didn't see you lurking there at the bottom of the thread, I still blurry love those big Porkers though, new GTS looks very nice - oh crap, its starting again.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome back to the club Blade! Looking forward to your continuing contributions

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You know this really is the best forum going, I drove into work this morning,feeling a bit hacked off ( no sleep, crap weather, only Tuesday )walked into a bunch of problems, grabbed a coffee and shut myself in my office, checked my emails and then checked the nights movements on this forum. What a great bunch of people you are !!! Aiden mate you're right I am a nutter lol...Jen, how could I not miss you babe !!! Ian, sorry you scraped the car, know how things like that can grate, even if noone else can see it ;) !, Ali, I got the S5 back just in time, a guy walked in within hours of me agreeing to buy it back and was happy to pay cash (43k). Mad, judging by the strength of the residuals on A5/S5 this could be one car that doesn't cost you your arm (and a leg), Doc, been a while since I got called a 'good boy' :D. Arvin 'Sir' yes mate, I missed ya, Xplod, truthfully I don't know I'd be any happier with an R8 over the S5 :eek: Kenny, yeah Rosie is happy I have the cars sorted too, she was ready to move me into the spare room (again ! )! Cheers TX, I'll just put my actions down to early onset dementia, SAJ and Wismie, I know and thanks.....Right then Oscars style speach over with, who's up for arranging a proper owners club meet ?? Sorry Quickag, didn't see you lurking there at the bottom of the thread, I still blurry love those big Porkers though, new GTS looks very nice - oh crap, its starting again.....
'
Aww shucks!

GROUP HUG !! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.