Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I just put my deposit down on a Misano Red A5 3.2 coupe for my wifes "mid life crisis" 50th birthday. It's totally loaded... I had no choice, since I was told it was the last A5 the dealer would see this year.

Anyway I'm more excited about getting this for her then I think it would be for myself. She's been a great partner in business and family and deserves every loving detail of this.

One of the signs that I was doing the right thing is seeing the video about Walter deSilva in Milan... we vacationed there this past August with our two daughters and had a wonderful time... tt helped being of Italian heritage, and the whole time I marveled at the beauty of the place. As an Industrial Designer, I haven't been so excited about an automobile since buying my Mercedes 300CD Coupe (in RED also) 23 years ago. Still have it and still love it! My wife claims it was the reason she married me!

So I've finally got her her own little coupe!

·
Registered
714 Posts
That's cool - welcome. Hope the delivery makes it in time for that special birthday.

Misano Red is my favourite Audi colour ... mainly because my wife forbids me to have it (and it's also not available on UK A5's unless as you're prepared to pay the "exclusive" premium).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's should be here in plenty of time

Her B'Day is July 30th but it looks like we'll be getting it by the end of this April... sooner then I need, but given my excitement, I doubt I could keep this a secret for that long!

Red is our favorite color too... especially with a

I was lucky to be going by the dealer 2 weeks ago... if not I might have blown it. The dealer said he only had one left coming in for 2008... and it was Misano Red... another omen telling me this was fate. I wanted a 6 speed, but this has the automatic. But when I found out it had the paddles, it made more sense for our type of driving, we only occasionally race around. It has every option but the B&O stereo upgrade, which is not a big disappointment, since as others have mentioned on this forum, it'll be mostly using an MP3 player as it's source.

If she's half as excited as I am, it'll be a big hit!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Awesome :) Hope she likes it.

I love Misano Red, but it does make me think middle aged! Sorry :) Being 22 i dont think i could pull off Misano Red with beige interior just yet.

What will be sitting next to her on the driveway anyway?

Rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Beige for me... I mean my wife, either

I got the S-Line package that comes with the upgraded BLACK Perlnappa Leather and Black Headlining. I don't know what a "perlnappa" is... at least I never ate one!

My order:

A5
Powertrain 3.2 FSI 265 HP tiptronic 41,200.00
Exterior Misano Red Pearl Effect 750.00
Interior
Seats: Perlnappa Leather Upholstery with Sport Seats
Upholstery: Leather seating surfaces
Upholstery black, Dashboard black-black, Carpet black, Headliner star silver
Individual options: 8,840.00
Individual options: 8,840.00
Audi navigation system plus with six disc CD changer* 2,390.00
Premium package 1,850.00
S Line Package 2,900.00
Technology package 1,700.00
MSRP: 50,790.00

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's arriving today - April 22nd delivery

Just got word my wifes present will arrive today. Due to business conflict I can't get it until the 22nd... how will I sleep knowing this beauty is 30 minutes down the road?

tick..... tick..... tick..... tick... what's wrong with that damn clock -it seems to be running awful slow!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
So how did everything end up? :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
And don't forget pictures!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I guess he is not here anymore. :(