Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to test drive the Audi s5 and it was very very nice . Good handling, nice engine note, wonderful interior and sporty looks

The sunroof is huge but only tilts which i can live with

The Ibis white/tuscon brown combo was fabulous. The white S5 looked very sporty but not garish like the new M cars

I didnt get to check out a brilliant black S5 but only a tt black and pics on the internet do not reflect how the S5 will look in person ( i like brilliant over phantom for the glossiness of brilliant black )

The Ibis white s5 looked striking but I never bought white cars and am debating between the white and the brilliant black S5

Any feedback will be appreciated on those two colors

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Welcome to the forum...another house! ;) Are you in the U.S? Can you add your location to your member info, please? It helps everyone when talking about models, options, availability, etc.

You can chase your tail forever on these color choices. I'm currently going back and forth between Avus Silver and BB (my current order selection). It's almost completely subjective and thus just depends on what turns you on more. On the more objective end, you just have to think about how high maintenance BB is going to be...though white is probably up there as well!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I guess im partial to white!!!. You can't go wrong in this car in White/Gray/Black or Red

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hum...a lot of people in the past week joining this forum now, word must be getting about how good this community is.

As for your colour, well Brilliant Black and Ibis White are my to fav colours and the only reason I went white was because:

a) I've had brilliant black cars for last 6 years and fancied a change and
b) It just makes the car stand out a million miles away :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got the Ibis/Tuscan combo and it never fails to get attention.
From afar it never really looks dirty. Up close, though, the winter dirty does stand out, especially on the tail-end.
I really like the way the Phantom paint finish looks, but the front grill and lower scoops don't stand out as much, making it look a bit less aggressive

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been trying to get a white car the last 3 times and has never worked out. I promised myself that this time I would not get another silver or black car and no more black interior

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have been trying to get a white car the last 3 times and has never worked out. I promised myself that this time I would not get another silver or black car and no more black interior
I can't speak to your exerior colors (I ordered Sprint Blue), but my dealer gave me an '08 A8 loaner to cover me after I had to turn in my leased A4 before my S5 arrived. The A8 came with the Amaretto (i.e., brown) interior, which is stunning. So, as far as interiors go, if the S5's Tuscan is anything like the A8's Amaretto, you'll love it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got a chance to test drive the Audi s5 and it was very very nice . Good handling, nice engine note, wonderful interior and sporty looks

The sunroof is huge but only tilts which i can live with

The Ibis white/tuscon brown combo was fabulous. The white S5 looked very sporty but not garish like the new M cars

I didnt get to check out a brilliant black S5 but only a tt black and pics on the internet do not reflect how the S5 will look in person ( i like brilliant over phantom for the glossiness of brilliant black )

The Ibis white s5 looked striking but I never bought white cars and am debating between the white and the brilliant black S5

Any feedback will be appreciated on those two colors

Thanks
Casa, with all the talk on production delays I have read I would snap up that white S5 if you have the chance. I had the opportunity to test the S5 in the exact color and options I wanted. That night I convinced my wife it was the right time for a new car. Next day, car gone. A bird in the hand... I am new to the site as well, welcome. I now have that same car on order. Hope you don't join the ranks of us still waiting. Welcome.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Excellent point, Crosley. I didn't even catch that. If you can get the white/tuscan NOW, it's beautiful, and a no brainer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts