Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This person in the Netherlands painted the most random things black on their car... door handles, stone guards (a/k/a, side skirts), roof antenna, parking sensors (yes, the parking sensors! :eek:), and it appears even the inside of the Audi emblem circles on the trunk!

I'm all for being different and unique, but I just don't understand the choice of items painted black on this car. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Agreed, strange black accents..

The R8 wheels look surprisingly good on the car, although it could use a lowering. I like the wheel choice quite a bit more than I would have expected.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I like the black PDC!

Ugh... Looks like the car is not finished and they have forgotten to paint some details :(

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The weirdness continues!!! Phase 2

And this year's award for "Trying way too hard to be different" goes to this guy! :)

Apparently, these new photos show "phase 2" of the car's transformation. This guy must have really wanted a black car all along, and is slowly but surely having each part painted black as he can afford to. :D LOL Why else would one paint such random parts of the car black, as part of an evolving process? :confused: Just strange.

"Phase 2" now includes black roof, hood (bonnet), driver's door and rear quarter panel. He definitely gets an A+ for being different!

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
C'mon TX, that HAS to qualify as an auto-ban right there if he's a member on this board. To each his own is one thing...this is a whole other thing; no worse than defacing property.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have seen a BMW 335i E92 which a guy tinted ( not the windows... the whole car ) and from black made it white and only kept the roof black. This is maybe what this guy is doing ... I think that the car might have been black...
Not 100% sure but its possible

·
Registered
643 Posts
I think it's actually backwards TX. As awpdisaster said the car probably started off black, and he's been laying on white tint/film/whatever on the paint surface to turn it white. This would theoretically work great to protect the paint during certain parts of the year (or all year long if you'd like), an inexpensive way to temporarily paint your car...

I saw the 335i (I think it was a 335i) video awpdisaster mentioned, only I can't find it anywhere now. Try looking for it.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The white S5 that TX posted with the antenna, parking sensors, side skirts....painted black isnt all that bad, besides the parking sensors, and the door handles.

If I were to get a white A5 S - line, I would def purchase the S5 grill, paint the side skirts black and the side mirrors black as well, puchase some RS wheels, paint those black if I can, paint the callipers red, and maybe even the antenna black!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
549 Posts
The R8 wheels look surprisingly good on the car, although it could use a lowering. I like the wheel choice quite a bit more than I would have expected.
+1

I searched high and low for R8 wheels. I'm sure they have a different bolt pattern and centre bore?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts