Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

wondering if anyone has purchased an ibis white s5 or a5 and how the colour is wearing? any regrets? easy to clean, etc?

my ideal colour combo would be white on red with carbon inlays - what do you think?

cheers,

julie

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hey Julie,

white looks great if you can keep it clean, once the road dirt and stuff has caked onto the sills and theres a layer of dust on the paint I think it looks dull, unless its spotless its not very reflective and I think you lose the cars lines a bit. But thats just my opinion for all thats worth. The same could be said of black though I guess and thats what I chose. Also the aluminium trim around the windows and mirrors won't stand out too well so it'll be harder to recognise it as an S5, but that just a minor point. If you're the kind of girl who washes her car regularly and thats your prefered colour combo, just go for it, it'll look great. Mine has Magma red interior and that wasn't an easy call, but I love it now.;) and definatly go for the carbon inlays they are perfect with Red.

·
Registered
50 Posts
great combo, I have ordered the same! I went to my dealer a few days ago to have a look at the combo - it looks amazing and the car really stands out! If you want pics, let me know

·
Registered
276 Posts
My experience of white is it depends where you live. In the US particularly California and Florida it is the only colour to have, also in the UAE. So its to do with sunshine and in the bright sun in a hot place it looks fantastic.
I chose a white 5 series sport BMW some years ago and when it came to selling it all the dealers scoffed at the colour and valued it 2k less just for that. Just as well it was a lease car.
They say white is the new black, but I would not choose white in the UK again unless it was the only colour (e.g Honda Integra).

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I've got a Ibis White A5.

Nightmare in Scotland so far.

Not sure if it's the fault of the A5's design, but the second day I took it out, i travelled on some recently resurfaced roads. One of them had a large yellow-sandy extra grip surface for going round the bends, which had been layed a few days before.

Anyway, now, i've got tonnes of black tar ALL OVER the back of the car, including the boot/trunk lid. And also, YELLOW sandy particles which look like they have made their way deep into the paintwork.

I've not had time recently, but looks like i'm either going to have to go overboard with the bug/tar remover to see if that helps, or use a clay bar to pull the impurities off the paint work - Having to clay a car this early in it's life is unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I absolutely love the white on my S5 and I could have easily had Phantom Black which I initially ordered. Side by side there was just no comparison to me. The white has a very rich luster to it and for me it has been very easy to keep clean. I have "washed" it twice, but I do a quick detail wipe every other day to keep the dirt and dust down.

My buddy's black BMW looks like crap the day after he washes it. He has chips, swirl marks, and surface scratches all over his car and he has had it a little longer than I have had mine.

No offense to anyone, but in my view white would be the way to go....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
My buddy's black BMW looks like crap the day after he washes it. He has chips, swirl marks, and surface scratches all over his car and he has had it a little longer than I have had mine.
Perhaps his washing technique is not as meticulous as other people's washing techniques ... resulting in him having the swirl marks and surface scratches? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Perhaps his washing technique is not as meticulous as other people's washing techniques ... resulting in him having the swirl marks and surface scratches? Just a thought.
His washing technique is taking it to the soap and suds and allowing the machine to beat the heck out of his car.....

I hand wash only which helps.....:)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Rab,

Have you waxed your car yet? I actually recommend doing a clay and wax after getting a new car. When cars are transported via rail/ships the paint can pickup lots of crap like pollution and rail dust. Doing a clay and wax will ensure protection of the clear coat and paint right away as the factory does not do any waxing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
hi all,

wondering if anyone has purchased an ibis white s5 or a5 and how the colour is wearing? any regrets? easy to clean, etc?

my ideal colour combo would be white on red with carbon inlays - what do you think?

cheers,

julie
Someone, I forgot who, recently took delivery of an Ibis White S5 in Texas (I think), and posted photos. You should be able to find by digging around in the site and then you can ask that person directly how it is working out for them.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Someone, I forgot who, recently took delivery of an Ibis White S5 in Texas (I think), and posted photos. You should be able to find by digging around in the site and then you can ask that person directly how it is working out for them.
That would be Sizzle.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
His washing technique is taking it to the soap and suds and allowing the machine to beat the heck out of his car.....

I hand wash only which helps.....:)
LOL! Well no wonder your friend's black car looks like crap so soon after getting it! :eek: Regular machine washes will definitely lead to that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.