Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I finally picked up my A5 on Saturday. Here are a few pics. The car looks and drives gorgeous. However, after a bit of driving it's developed areas of dirt marks behind each of the wheels (see the 4th pic). These marks remain after a touchless car wash. The surface is completely smooth to the touch so I am pretty sure that they are not scratches. I then tried to rub them off with a lint-free cloth with light to moderate pressure without much success. It is as if these dirt marks have somehow settled into the paint itself. Have anyone come across something like this? If so, please help this poor soul with some advice as to how to get rid of them. :(

Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My guess is oil or tar. A detailer told me that isopropyl alcohol will remove oil or tar. You might try that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Seifufu, congrats, sweet looking colour combo. Where did you get the S5 rims? Let me know if you are interested in any of the Vag-Com mods. I have a group in Toronto who have already come to my place for the DRL, Voice, Window and seat-belt mods. Send me a PM and we can arrange.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seifufu, congrats, sweet looking colour combo. Where did you get the S5 rims? Let me know if you are interested in any of the Vag-Com mods. I have a group in Toronto who have already come to my place for the DRL, Voice, Window and seat-belt mods. Send me a PM and we can arrange.
Thanks JSC, I'll try alcohol on a small, less noticeable area to see if it works.

Frank, thanks for the kind words and offer. I will PM once I've dealt with this dirt stain issue. :mad: I order the S5 rims from the dealer as part of the A5 order.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is you an 09 model. And doe's you mirrors electrically fold?
it is an 09 model; but I actually haven't noticed or tried and see if the mirrors fold. On the Quick Reference Guide that came with the car, there is a mention of how to fold the mirrors though. I'll check it out next time.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had the same thing on the wheel well of my car... just use a little bit of paint thinner, and it will come off, and then quickly wipe it off with water.

·
Registered
643 Posts
CLAY BAR!!! Everything else mentioned in this thread is quite abrasive (or at least much more abrasive than a clay bar). Like I mentioned in AW, I had these exact same spots (slinging from excess Meguiar's tire shine, never using again - now using Zaino) and they came off with the clay bar and a bit of elbow grease. Make sure to lubricate as instructed, and it comes off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Turtle Wax bug and tar remover works well. Just spray it on let it sit a minute or two and wipe it off. I use it on all the little marks I can't seem to get out with a simple wash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.