Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my order in for an S5 on Jan 10th, 2008, and at that point the dealer said I would get a car in April, then it became June, then it became August, and he hasn't called me to notify me anything, so when I stop by tomorrow he will say something like "Oh, you will defiantly have it by September." UGHHHH... and all this coming from a dealership that touts itself as the largest Audi dealership in the world on billboards all over where I live. I find this situation to be pretty pathetic. I wish someone would have told me, and I would have went straight to my Nissan dealership to put my name down on a GT-R at MSRP. Now, I can't find a single GTR for less than 10k over sticker that will be arriving any time soon. The best price I found was 2k over sticker for a late 2011 delivery, and that dealer is in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming. Ugh, all I want now is go get a GT-R at list, and get my money back for my S5, but oh well. Has anybody here who lives in the US, waited longer than I have for their S5?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think there is plenty of people that have waited longer then you. (on one of the other forums I think someone said ordered October 07 and still doesn't have the car.
I ordered 3rd week of January and I'm getting my car tomorrow. I just got back from paying for it at the dealer so when the truck hits tomorrow, the will do the delivery check and tint it , then she is mine.

Tonny

·
Registered
134 Posts
There are plenty of people that have waited for a long time...I ordered on November 1 of last year, and my car is supposedly is on its way to be delivered in a few weeks. It was held up at the shipping port with 250 other cars destined for the southern region after the hail storm hit. I have been told mine was not damaged...so we shall see in a few weeks.:)

I assume you will wait even longer for a GT-R, so have patience. It will pay off in the end, but going after a hot car with low supply is not for the faint of heart. I am betting that people wanting an S5, GT-R, M3, etc., are all playing the waiting game. My neighbor is a GM of a Chrysler dealer, and he is having lots of trouble with the supply of the new Challenger (not in the same category, but people are waiting in long lines and paying up to $20K over MSRP).

Besides...if you were not waiting all this time, you would have never found this forum!:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ordered 11/3/2007

And I just got an allocation 2 weeks ago, believe me I understand your pain.

I just got allocated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Jimmyz

What dealership did you order your S5 from?

·
Registered
18 Posts
... Has anybody here who lives in the US, waited longer than I have for their S5?
At the time I placed my order on December 1, 2007, they expected delivery in March. I was recently informed I received an allocation for an August build and October delivery. Bittersweet news because I'll be glad to finally get the car but will only drive it for a couple of months before storing it for the winter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
GTR for me ....please

I put my order in for an S5 on Jan 10th, 2008, and at that point the dealer said I would get a car in April, then it became June, then it became August, and he hasn't called me to notify me anything, so when I stop by tomorrow he will say something like "Oh, you will defiantly have it by September." UGHHHH... and all this coming from a dealership that touts itself as the largest Audi dealership in the world on billboards all over where I live. I find this situation to be pretty pathetic. I wish someone would have told me, and I would have went straight to my Nissan dealership to put my name down on a GT-R at MSRP. Now, I can't find a single GTR for less than 10k over sticker that will be arriving any time soon. The best price I found was 2k over sticker for a late 2011 delivery, and that dealer is in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming. Ugh, all I want now is go get a GT-R at list, and get my money back for my S5, but oh well. Has anybody here who lives in the US, waited longer than I have for their S5?
Go for the GTR!

Audi has shown they have no regard for their current or future clients.

Don't reward this behavior.

Everyone I know says the GTR is amazing!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tis true...my friend just purchased one and that thing is a monster at the wheel! So fun to drive....and if you thought the S5 gets attention, move over.
I would get a GT-R in a millisecond if I could find one at MSRP. Sadly, the best price I found for a car coming in within the next 6 months is 10k over MSRP :(

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YAY! Just got a call. My car has been released to the manufacturer, and est delivery is 9/27/08!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ordered my car 10/07/07 and FINALLY delivered 6/10/08
Well, you got me beat, I ordered 11/3/07 just got an allocation, didn'tget a delivery date yet though.

The good though is I wind up with an '09 and I get the feature I really wanted which was Drive Select.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts