Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm such an idiot....well attempting to park today I rammed into the curb and now part of my rim is curbed...I'm so upset with myself right now. Does anyone know how to fix it either DYI or body shop or Audi dealership? BTW anyone know how know a general price for these type of repairs? I did a quick search and nothing came up except a thread where people were talking about "refurbish their rims"?

P.S i got the Y 19 inch rims.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Those are easily replaceable. I wouldn't try to get a rim repaired as it will never be 100% again.

You're lucky you don't have custom wheels or you'd have a lot more expense and frustration and waiting on your hands. I would keep my cool if I was you :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
If the wheels scratched, unfortunatly for you, it will have to be replaced to be fixed. Refurbishing wheels simply means refinishing/coloring wheels. Wheels are metal, when they are scratched or chipped, the scratch or chip can't be simply filled in with new metal.

Sorry to break the bad news to you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are easily replaceable. I wouldn't try to get a rim repaired as it will never be 100% again.

You're lucky you don't have custom wheels or you'd have a lot more expense and frustration and waiting on your hands. I would keep my cool if I was you :)
I might have over exaggerated a bit when I said "rammed" into the curb. It is curbed but def not bent or severely damaged. I'm definitely hoping on not having to replace, but repair instead.

Here's a pic of the damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Might be able to get it sanded and refinished. Looks a little deep though.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Doh. Consider the stockers your 'practice' wheels before getting your forged set. =)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Shady

You would have no problem getting these sorted in the UK for about £50 ($75US). They would be as new. Make sure you look after them the Y Spokes are superb IMHO and far nicer than some of the JTL forgeries I have seen.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
As RGBargee said, there shouldn't be a problem fixing them. If you lived near glasgow you could get that fixed for £40. I'm sure there will be somewhere near you that can fix it, and probably for less.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have to say that is nothing. You have to look at my rims, quite difficult to keep them in a good shape on the roads in Prague. Each of my rims has similar curbs, huge scratches and whatnot. I am also considering them to be my practice rims before I will get 19" aftermarket ones in a year, or two. :)

For now I have decided to refurbish all of them in spring and have them for another year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ask the dealership, they should know someone who can fix up the rim. It is definitely fixable though.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Repair recommendation

I just had a newly delivered Audi RS6 rim fixed by my dealer in Tyson's Corner, VA. They contract repair guy did an outstanding job. I believe he is from WheelPro, but I cannot find him directly.

The rim was delivered with two chips in it and now it is pristine.
The repair guy works from VA up and into PA. Contact HBL Audi parts man Leon for the contact.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well I called my local dealer today and they told me over the phone its gonna be $75. Hopefully it will be that amount.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i got a set of $100 rims for the winter... hit a curb and bent the heck out of them... back to tirerack.com to get 1 more :p

·
Registered
457 Posts
Shit happens.
Good excuse for new wheels. :cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone know of any bargain wheel restoration firms?

My wheels have various small chips and kerb-scratches on them. I'd like to get them restored, however, the ChipsAway/Audi recommended/WickedWheels folks want £80 + VAT (15%) on each wheel. For all four wheels, that's real money.

Given the current state of the economy, does anyone know of a <reputable> UK firm that will offer a discount on getting all four wheels done? I'm in North Bucks.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I curbed my G35 a few times, the dealer told me of a company called curbside that actually comes to your house and basically sands the scratch smooth again and then paints the rim (they match the paint on the wheels). Cost me 70-80 bucks depending on how bad I had hit the curb each time he would come out. If I were you I would talk to the dealer and see if they use a company like that. Good luck with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts