Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having indulged in the last 7,780 miles I believe I have reached a plan for what I desire to do with my A5.

I think the 3.2L Drive-Train is splendid. Not crazy powerful, but no slouch either. The Manuel Transmission is a joy to use; seemingly effortless at times (my first BTW). The interior is very driver orientated but lacks some color. I have a Black Interior with beige/white headliner and Burl wood. I think the interior color scheme is lacking a bit. The handling of the car is good; not great. Though given the power output of the car I would say that it strikes a good balance. Thus far I have averaged about 22 to 25 MPG, with a high of 32 MPG.

In lieu of all this I think a good intake is needed. This will provide easier breathing to the motor and an improvement gas mileage. Plus add a bit of a deepened growl to the intake system which I think is needed. The engine is too quiet for my likings.

The exhaust tips are lacking. An aluminuized (SP?) finish!? Come on Audi!! I think the sound is good given the level of comfort which the A5 is designed for. However a good set of chrome exhaust tips are needed just to clean up the design.

The suspension. Like most factory cars it rides a bit high. I am leaning towards the Stasis Coil-Over setup. Extemely adjustable and should provide near factory ride quality; though can a user confirm this?? There are many reviews on the KW v2 and v3 coil-overs.

The interior. I saw a 09 A5 S-Line with Silver stitching and alcantra (SP?) seat inserts. I was surly impressed! Thinking about looking into some custom interior work to achieve this. OEMpl.us has expressed an interest in assisting to secure some factory parts along this line.

All-in-all I am most pleased with the car. Love driving it!!

Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated! Enjoy the drive and as always Audi from the front!

·
Registered
371 Posts
hows the performance? I have an audi a6 4.2 v8 and it can pull like crazy, 0-60 it a little slow as it gets just over 6 seconds. I have been seeking a real performance review of the 3.2l to know things like 0-60, 60-80, 60-100.

I agree about the ride height, and sound, I like a little more.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The suspension. Like most factory cars it rides a bit high. I am leaning towards the Stasis Coil-Over setup. Extemely adjustable and should provide near factory ride quality; though can a user confirm this?? There are many reviews on the KW v2 and v3 coil-overs.
I can't vouch for the Stasis COs (but they are priced very high), I have experienced the KW Variant (V2) and they some of the best I have ridden on...better than the H&Rs (better than the stick S5 suspension in my opinion).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.