Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Does anyone know how long it takes an order to move from one to the other given that there was an allocation for the car in question?

If the dealer says they have an allocation for what you are ordering with them right then and there should it automatically go to factory order bank or will it sit in the I.S. order bank for a while?

My understanding is that a dealer can enter as many cars into the I.S. order bank as he wants but that doesn't mean that any of those will be pulled by the factory any time soon if there is no allocation (factory capacity).

any info would be great.

thanks!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Does anyone know how long it takes an order to move from one to the other given that there was an allocation for the car in question?
don't know...my guess is it should be when the system refreshes, whenever that is

My understanding is that a dealer can enter as many cars into the I.S. order bank as he wants but that doesn't mean that any of those will be pulled by the factory any time soon if there is no allocation (factory capacity).
+1

·
Registered
750 Posts
When speaking with my dealer, they said for the rest of the year, it is almost a crap shoot and at least 80-90% of all orders placed after the first quarter will "most likely be 09 models" (ouch!). So take that info for what it's worth...I actually cancelled my order an bought one I found on my own (out of state).

Incidentally, this is the same dealer that told me practically the same story as yours: "Oh don't worry, we have a couple of allocations in the system already and it shouldn't take more thatn 3 months max"...the problem is that after one month the wait time jumped to 6 months and then when I confronted them with the wait times I read on this forum, they fessed up and said it will be more like 9+months. So the moral is the same dealer can tell you one thing to get you on the hook, and then say the exact opposite thing later.

BTW, the two versions of the truth that I got came from two different sources at the same dealer (one of the newer sales people told the _truth_).

You can still get lucky, there are a number of people on this forum that were able to get the exact car they wanted after only a 3 month wait.

Good luckand let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys.
I am still curious though what the order sequence is. When a dealer says they have an allocation, how does that work? Does something just get updated in their local ordering system that reflects this? or do they just get an email or something from AoA stating that they have said allocation?
When a dealer has an allocation and they enter a new order into their local ordering system is that supposed to go pretty much into the factory order bank too, say within a couple of days? It would seem to make sense though.

Btw, does anyone know the possible codes that appear in the system? Mine says I.S. Order bank (05)*
*configuration change may be possible.

I don't necessarily want to bug my dealer because he would more likely tell me something that I want to hear. Can any dealer chime in on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks guys.
I am still curious though what the order sequence is. When a dealer says they have an allocation, how does that work? Does something just get updated in their local ordering system that reflects this? or do they just get an email or something from AoA stating that they have said allocation?
When a dealer has an allocation and they enter a new order into their local ordering system is that supposed to go pretty much into the factory order bank too, say within a couple of days? It would seem to make sense though.

Btw, does anyone know the possible codes that appear in the system? Mine says I.S. Order bank (05)*
*configuration change may be possible.

I don't necessarily want to bug my dealer because he would more likely tell me something that I want to hear. Can any dealer chime in on this?

Thanks
Here's what I understand the situation to be:
The dealer will get allocations once each month (from Blownaway, AW forums, http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/27941.phtml ), and they get specific 6sp and Auto allocations. If they have orders in the order bank, the next available orders will be pulled depending on the number of allocations they have. If they get 2 6sp allocations, the next two people in the system at that dealer with 6sp orders will get them. And so on. The number of allocations per dealer per month varies, and judging by what I've read on this and other forums it can be anywhere from none to just 2 or 3 each month and probably varies by dealer volume.

From looking at other threads, cars that are "I.S. Order Bank" are not yet "pulled" by the factory. "Factory Order Bank" means it's pulled and waiting for production.

Threads here and here:
Not pulled:
http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/27919.phtml
http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/27864.phtml
This second thread here mentions that the I.S. Order Bank = the dealer doesn't have an allocation for that car yet.

Pulled:
http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/27920.phtml

Anyway, I hope that helps. I'm guessing that this info is on this forum somewhere as well, but I had this and AW open and it was easier to post links to that one.

Anyone else please feel free to correct me if this is inaccurate info - I'm honestly only going by what I've read here and on AW forums - and we know how reliable that can be.

Oh yeah, and to answer your question, I'm sure that they get some kind of special communication via email or something that tells them the number of allocations that they get for each month, or something gets updated somewhere - I'm sure someone has better information on how the dealers actually know that they are getting an allocation...

And finally, from my recent experience, I ordered my car with the dealer on 4/21, and on 4/30 I had a build week and estimated delivery date. I had a commission number immediately, and the car was pulled almost immediately because it was a current allocation that the dealer had available. I think that I got very lucky, and most people wind up waiting a long time with a commission number but without an allocation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks SGT that sums up pretty nicely what's going on and that's my understanding of the situation as well.

What really helped me though is your last paragraph about your order getting pulled into the factory order bank soon after you placed the order because they already HAD the allocation. This is what my dealer told me too so I will follow up on this with him soon to see what's up and to make sure he didn't just try to get me on the list and didn't really have the allocation.
Interestingly though he had a number of cars w/o owners in the ordering system and changed one to my spec, hmmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts