Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VIDEO: A5 3.0TDI vs BMW 335i

:) :) :) :) So if finally happened, a friend of my friend came with his BMW 335i Twin Turbo Coupe and we did few races, mostly from 100KPH up to 240KPH. Of course I was kind of enough to make few very good videos of this wonderful race.
So I have "modded" car with 206KW and 600NM, he has 221KW and 400NM....before I post videos tommorow, tell me guys, what do you think was the outcome?

I always started in 3rd around 100KPH......my car is 3.0TDI with ECU.:)

VIDEO IS FINALLY HERE, SORRY FOR DELAY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS8YmSMgXBo
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAh0N4gx7r8
ENJOY!!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
oh man the chipped TDI must be fun... i'd say you were somewhat even, maybe you even jumped in front at the start, but then the 335i pulled away slowly at higher speeds.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I would always get a jump on 3rd, but once I shift to 4th he would gain my advantage back and from 4th he pulls away....and pulls and pulls.....

We haven't tried any races from 0 or from speeds less than 100KPH, but from 100KPH and up he is definetely faster.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I would always get a jump on 3rd, but once I shift to 4th he would gain my advantage back and from 4th he pulls away....and pulls and pulls.....

We haven't tried any races from 0 or from speeds less than 100KPH, but from 100KPH and up he is definetely faster.

That's because his turbos are well-spooled up by then, the 335i turbo will even smoke the s5 once at speed. (Drats!):cool:

·
Registered
643 Posts
That's because his turbos are well-spooled up by then, the 335i turbo will even smoke the s5 once at speed. (Drats!):cool:
If anything I'd say they're even. 335's are quick, but not enough to smoke an S5... maybe pull away at a much slower rate and much higher speeds than the 3.0TDI.

·
Registered
750 Posts
If anything I'd say they're even. 335's are quick, but not enough to smoke an S5... maybe pull away at a much slower rate and much higher speeds than the 3.0TDI.
Sorry crespo, seen it done already (so has sizzle) - we both drive S5s. From a stop, the S5 will kill the 335 because of the supreme torque; but once the 335 is spooled it will win every time. I would love it of we were that "quick" on the top end.

;)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

Yeah I said somewhere else on the board that the A5 would have no chance against a 335. I only say that because I was roundly beaten by a 335 from a roll. As ccomp said, the advantages that the S5 has are higher lower end torque and awd which permits a jump from a dig. From a roll these advantages are gone AND the 335 has it's turbos spooled and they are already sucking in air. This makes it a very very fast car from a roll....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If I had a 335i it would be re-mapped, I'm betting most will get their cars re-mapped to unleash those extra horseies.

335i is faster than the S5 in a straight line, if your ever up against one just hope it starts pissing down, then all you have to do is put ur foot down and wave goodbye.

That reminds me and slightly off topic, I had a little bit of a race with a bike in Glasgow the other day my mate was also with me with his RS4, bike would (very slowly pull away on an average straight) but the moment a turn comes into the equation I was amazed at how much he had to slow down, anyway to cut a short stroy even shorter, we kicked his ass becaue there were 2 turns in the road. So much for bikes being faster :p

Was @ South End On Sea near London a couple of weeks back and had so many bikes want a race against the S5 too, what is it with bikers wanting to prove they can go faster than a car? All I can say is unless the bike is 600cc or more superbike don't even bother, the S5 will keep up and will overtake you on the first turn that comes up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That reminds me and slightly off topic, I had a little bit of a race with a bike in Glasgow the other day my mate was also with me with his RS4, bike would (very slowly pull away on an average straight) but the moment a turn comes into the equation I was amazed at how much he had to slow down, anyway to cut a short stroy even shorter, we kicked his ass becaue there were 2 turns in the road. So much for bikes being faster :p

Was @ South End On Sea near London a couple of weeks back and had so many bikes want a race against the S5 too, what is it with bikers wanting to prove they can go faster than a car? All I can say is unless the bike is 600cc or more superbike don't even bother, the S5 will keep up and will overtake you on the first turn that comes up.[/QUOTE]

The corners all depend on how sharp and how good the rider. Ill give you a run on my Yamaha R1. The S5 has no chance.:D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...I agree with you on the rider... I was on a long sweeping bend with a bike following me on a dual carriage-way he cruised past me a we entered the bend, but when he was over at full tilt and drifting, I cruised back passed on the outside at 140 leptons. I guess he wanted to stay alive!!

to give you an idea of how far he was leaned over, when I returned to my lane 50 yds in front of him I couldn't see him in the rear view, he was below the line of the boot! :eek:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The corners all depend on how sharp and how good the rider. Ill give you a run on my Yamaha R1. The S5 has no chance.:D
Now the R1 is one of the best bikes. If your going to put up one of the best bikes then you have to put it up against one of the best cars.....new Nissan GT-R maybe :p

It's all good, I love bikes and the R1 and R6 are too of my favorite bikes. As for the looks department to be honest these bikes look amazing too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Who cares which is faster, the A5/S5 looks soooo much better!!!
In your opinion. I personally think the R1 looks better, but then Ive been on bikes for 23 years :D

Cant beat being on a bike lent over on a bend, knee on the tarmac back wheel on the drift now thats living:D ..

Having said all of that I was that impressed with the S5 (not being into cars at all) that I ordered one and am selling the R1. :D Reckon its my age :eek:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Bikes have considerably less contact patch with the road than cars do, thanks to 2 wheels vs 4. This means cars (at least when referring to performance cars vs performance bikes) will brake and turn better than bikes, most if not all of the time.

On a straight, though, any big engine bike has more than a chance to pull.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.