Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Considering an i-phone as my new phone mainly for business use, but would want it to work in the car, is this a good choice, can I connect through AMI? I have ordered the low spec bluetooth, anyone recommend any other phone if i-phone no good for A5? Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi ya Ramy dont know the answer to your question,but just seen where your are from. Just down the road from me Cannock:D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i have a iphone works really nice with the system :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
When connected you will receive a "this device is not compatible blabla...enter Airplane mode now?"

Just hit "No" and it is good to go, or just leave it be and it'll still work with MMI and you can access all the music you've stored on your iPhone, as well as, still use the bluetooth handsfree telephone feature.

I normally plug it in, for a quick battery charge =)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, good to hear, I was expecting the opposite, will call O2 today then - anyone know if the I-phone can play video on screen, I have the TV module as I can spend the odd hour waiting in the car for my next job. Hi Hilly, I 've seen a few A5/S5 nearby - maybe they're just passing through the midlands?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've just bought an iPhone and I'm really impressed with the functionality it gives with MMI. Gives full phonebook, dialled, received and missed calls and integrates well with the AMI (also charges it up).

The other plus point with the iPhone/AMI is that because it is in the glovebox any tendancy/desire to text whilst driving is completely removed... this is a very good thing.

Get one - you won't be sorry.

·
Registered
714 Posts
In another post I said I could guarantee some on here would have benefitted from projects I had worked on ... I knew I'd be right :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ramy I will look out for you after the middle of May. What colour are you getting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts