Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why when I plug in my iPhone 4 and or 3g in the glove box will the AMI not recognize the device? It gets stuck on the word "initializing" and doesn't play the sound. If anyone has a solution to this conundrum please help!
:wall:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Weird my iPhone works fine. You are using the specific AMI to iPhone cable? It could be a dodgy track that causes the AMI to freeze when reading it.

Nino

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I had this problem when I updated my 3G to iOS4, it was almost impossible to get to work, same thing constantly 'initialising'. I changed to a iPhone 4 and have not had any problems since then.

Cheers

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have used the 3G, 3GS and my new iPhone4 and they have all worked fine with no problems ever.

·
Registered
33 Posts
like mulski the update on my 3g made it worse. sometimes rebooting the iphone helps. other times leaving the car on "mute" then plugging in the phone works. i think the new OS just has too many things going on. i now use the 3g with everything else off, like an ipod, and it works 99% of the time... on the other hand, i have no issue with my iphone4.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How bout streaming radio?

I have yet to play with the solutions offered in this thread, however have any of you tried to use streaming radio EG -- > Pandora through the AMI?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yeah the iPhone works as a line out so for example if you run spotify it will output via the ami cable likewise if you use trapster for speed camera warning you'll get the " Warning speed camera" dialogue. The only problem is you can't control spotify etc

I'd first off remove all you music and load on 20 or so tracks, if that doesn't work format time :0(

·
Registered
679 Posts
supposed to be an MMI update available to resolve this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts